Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter
Saint John, NB
The HR Coordinator/Recruiter provides expertise and support in a broad spectrum of areas including staffing, employee relations, performance management, succession planning, and compensation/benefit management. Individuals in this role are key players at the forefront of strategic planning for programs and policies which contribute to the overall direction of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for and assists management with recruiting and staffing needs including advertising, interviewing and selection of employees on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as advisor to employees and management with issues surrounding conflict management
- Identifies employee relations concerns and takes appropriate action to address and resolve issues
- Conducts exit interviews with departing employees
- Acts as advisor/interpreter of legislation surrounding Human Rights, Employment Law, Employment Standards, Compensation Boards, etc.
- Serves as monitor and advisor of performance management and development by coaching Management on internal development of staff, providing support through performance appraisal process when required.
- Active participant in the creation, implementation, management and maintenance of new and existing HR and Corporate policies, procedures and processes; providing advice on the interpretation of all such documentation when required.
- Performs administrative tasks such as maintaining and examining employee files, answering inquiries and providing information to necessary parties as required
- Ad-hoc requests
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years experience in a progressive HR environment or equivalent business experience
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to gain credibility and maintain trust of employees and management.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills with the ability to filter through issues and provide advice and counsel to management and employees
- Proven advanced time management skills and an ability to prioritize when handling multiple tasks with various deadlines
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality at all times when dealing with sensitive issues
- Proven solid recruitment and selection experience
- Possesses strong coaching, conflict resolution and facilitation skills to resolve often times highly emotional issues appropriately
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization
- A positive team player with initiative, known to be proactive and results oriented
- Possesses a sound knowledge of relevant legislation including Human Rights, Employment Standards and the Worker’s Compensation Act.
- Experience in negotiating in an environment where it is required to influence without authority
- An independent and analytical thinker with a flexible and creative approach; working well in an environment dedicated to results and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
We appreciate all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Thing5 is a provider of next generation voice solutions that include out-bound and in-bound calling, hosted voicemail, hosted IVR and hosted...