The Phone Experts is a privately owned company with a reputation for quality and outstanding service. Our reputation has earned us long standing relationships. We are excited to be hiring an additional Telecommunications Technician.
We offer a competitive salary, extended health and dental, group RRSP and personal days.
This is a full time, permanent position with regular hours of 8-5 Monday – Friday. Some overtime may be required.
Please submit your resume with Cover Letter
- Install, remove and or repair local area or wide area networks (LAN’s & WAN’s), consumer communication equipment, private branch exchanges, (PBX’s) and specialized telecommunications equipment. (voice over internet protocol, digital subscriber lines, cable modems)
- Installs, arranges, removes, and maintains telephone equipment, wiring and associated hardware
- Diagnose and locate equipment/transmission faults
- Replace defective and damaged telephones, wire and associated equipment
- Operate computerized testing systems to conduct service tests on customer lines and equipment
- Configure operating systems and install software for internet access
- Terminate cable on cross connects, hubs, and routers
Education and Experience:
- Telecommunications Engineering Technology Diploma or Communications Technician Journeyman Ticket
- Programming knowledge of Norstar, NEC, Panasonic or Avaya Phone Systems
- Electronics Knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Valid Class 5 License
- Clean criminal record check
- Experience in cabling is an asset
Indeed - 5 months ago