For over a decade, The Health Team has provided workplace health and employee wellness services to organizations across Canada. We are seeking highly motivated, organized and passionate RNs for a uniquely rewarding and satisfying opportunity. We provide health care services such as vaccinations and health screenings to organizations across Canada. We focus on providing high-impact preventative medicine that protects and improves the participant’s health, wellbeing and prosperity.
We are currently seeing a Nurse Practitioner for a full time permanent position with an immediate start date. Our client is looking for a primary care Nurse Practitioner to act as their primary care provider in their executive health clinic. The walk-in clinic is an executive health centre.
Reporting to the Director of Medical Operations, the role of the NP is to:
- Assess and evaluate holistic patient care for patients in our Executive Health Program, Extended Care Program, with emphasis on diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illness. Where appropriate, health promotion and illness prevention opportunities can be realized
- Provide leadership to promote program development, process improvements and the enhancement of professional standards within the clinic
- Act as a clinical resource for nurses and other health care professionals
- Work collaboratively with patients, physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team to develop a plan of care
- Coordinate internal/external referrals (follow up) to facilitate best clinical practice as required
- Provide routine medical examinations on patients and complete administrative requirements for insurance forms, pre-operative assessments and other indications as required
- Articulate and demonstrates the integration of the NP-PHC role through research, education and consultation
- Improving patient outcomes along the continuum of care through the facilitation of evidencebased or best practice guidelines, by intra-disciplinary and interdisciplinary collaboration, by participation in research, by the provision of leadership and through education of patients, staff and others
- A leadership role in the development, implementation and evaluation of relevant procedures, policies, guidelines and standards of care that support patients and their families
- Work collaboratively with the EHP physicians in the follow up of test results to ensure quality care
- Provide nursing coverage and assist with procedures such as immunizations, ear syringes, dressing wounds, etc.
- Participates in Clinical Rounds and regular staff meetings
- And other responsibilities as may arise
Standards of Performance
All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance listed below as applied to the position:
- Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behaviour, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability includes teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Managerial Responsibilities (if applicable) includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
Please forward your resume and availability.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Every year many employees phone in sick due to symptoms caused by the flu. Similarly, many employees take time off work to visit their...