Since 2005 you have seen our brand throughout the Calgary marketplace. During that time we have become the fastest growing privately owned waste removal and recycling services company in the city of Calgary. Our success is largely attributed to a simple philosophy … Employee Focused - Customer Driven. While we are proud of our past accomplishments, we are more excited about what’s yet to come! To help achieve our goals, we are currently looking for outstanding individuals that share our vision for success and passion for excellence.
The Fleet Manager position with THE GARBAGE COMPANY is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the daily activities of the Maintenance Department. The Fleet Manager will lead a group of trades and labour personnel to ensure that all primary and secondary assets are maintained in accordance company policy and regulatory requirements. Working in conjunction with the operations department to achieve superior customer satisfaction, the Fleet Manager is responsible to ensure maximum utilization of trucks and assets with minimal downtime. A continual focus on effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities combined with leadership in employee development, training and safety standards are key responsibilities of the Fleet Manager position.
Who are we Looking For
We are looking for an experienced and outgoing individual with a strong customer satisfaction focus. The dynamic individual will possess a high level of initiative, organizational skills and leadership ability in the area of employee mentoring and development. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, analytical abilities and embrace the opportunity to resolve difficult fleet and maintenance challenges. This same individual looks forward to participating in a ground floor opportunity that encourages the free exchange of ideas in pursuit of continuous improvement.
What we Offer
- A fast paced fun environment built on the foundation of honesty, trust, respect and caring
- A proactive commitment to quality repairs and preventive maintenance
- Competitive base salary
- Tailored benefit programs
- Company sponsored RRSP program
- Company vehicle
- Career opportunities with advancement potential
- A brand to be proud of with your ideas and contributions appreciated
Qualifications & Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job and excel with THE GARBAGE COMPANY.
- A minimum of 10 years in the field of transportation maintenance with no less than 3 years in a managerial role
- Previous experience supervising, motivating and mentoring employees
- Experience with computerized fleet maintenance systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have and demonstrate a good working knowledge of current Provincial and Federal transportation regulations
- Previous experience in the development and management of vendor network
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Outlook
- Must have a technical qualification in the field of transportation maintenance with a Journeyman certification preferred
- Valid Class 5 license required
Please respond to this ad by attaching your resume for review. Thank You.
THE GARBAGE COMPANY is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Our hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. THE GARBAGE COMPANY does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted. Only those individuals that best meet the stated qualifications will be contacted for further consideration.