Drivers – Roll Off
Since 2005 you have seen our brand throughout the Calgary marketplace. During that time we have become the fastest growing privately owned waste removal and recycling services company in the city of Calgary. Our success is largely attributed to a simple philosophy … Employee Focused - Customer Driven. While we are proud of our past accomplishments, we are more excited about what’s yet to come! To help achieve our goals, we are currently looking for outstanding individuals that share our vision for success and passion for excellence.
The Driver position with THE GARBAGE COMPANY is responsible for the timely, safe, efficient and customer friendly delivery of waste collection and recycling services to our customers. Because the Driver is at the front line of our business, this position establishes the public impression of THE GARBAGE COMPANY and becomes a reflection of who we are and what we stand for.
Who are we Looking For
We need professional individuals that have a passion for driving and take pride in doing so in a safe and efficient manner. These same individuals look forward to participating in a ground floor opportunity that encourages the free exchange of ideas in pursuit of continuous improvement. They prefer to work for an organization that knows them by name, and not as a number, and treats them with dignity, respect and appreciation. We want individuals that welcome the opportunity to help shape our future, have fun along the way and receive recognition for their contributions.
What we Offer
- A fast paced fun environment built on the foundation of trust, respect and caring
- Industry leading wages and tailored benefit programs
- Quarterly Safety & Performance Bonus program
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive training
- Company uniform
- New and well maintained equipment
- Assigned routes within the Calgary marketplace – no overnight travel
- Career opportunities with advancement potential
- A brand to be proud of with your ideas and contributions appreciated
- Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride
- Customer focused and supportive of co-workers
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – minimum class 3 with air endorsement
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience driving a standard transmission
- Acceptable driving record
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset
Please respond to this ad and attach your resume and abstract.
THE GARBAGE COMPANY is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Our hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. THE GARBAGE COMPANY does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.