This is a job where you can use your skills in…
Communication - with staff from various areas about their business needs
Facilitation – presenting information, running workshops and extracting user requirements
Analyzing - the financial and business information needs of staff and departments
Evaluating - business processes, priorities, business models, and systems
…To assist in the next evolution in performance of the City of Edmonton's financial systems and business processes.
The Financial Services department is focused on aligning business processes with business strategies, leading to effective overall organizational performance through improvements of specific work activities within the Financial Services branches, across the Financial Services department, between City departments or across the organization.
Reporting to the Financial Systems project manager in the Financial Process Management section, the Business Process Analysts will analyze, evaluate and communicate on business processes that vary in complexity and reach across the organization and assist in the alignment of business processes with overarching business strategies.
As the Business Process Analyst you will:
- Determine how the Finance Department's processes and systems should be reengineered to achieve greater efficiency, effectiveness, and relevance
- Guide staff in best practices in improving efficiency and effectiveness of financial business processes leveraging process and technology in the performance of their roles and execution of their responsibilities
- Participate in / facilitate group workshops to gather subject matter experts future state requirements
You will achieve this through performance of duties that include:
- Evaluating the existing business processes as they fit with system utilization and recommending new processes and changes to existing processes in order to optimize the utilization of the Financial Systems. These include but are not limited to: SAP, PeopleSoft, and Budget Systems
- Analyzing departments' processes, systems issues, and identifying root-causes of issues.
- Devising solutions to resolve issues which include changes in processes or procedures, changes in system configurations or the need for a new system
- Liaising with the Financial Services, IT Branch, and other areas in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes in Financial Systems and department processes and procedures
- Effectively translating business objectives into functional requirements and systems requirements
- Identifying requirements and relating them in a way that captures the business needs or the stakeholders' needs in a project
- Translating requirements, strategic goals and desired outcomes into quantitative efforts needed to achieve them
- Precisely estimating resources and schedule requirements to meet project objectives or department objectives
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Finance and Accounting Talent Hub at http://www.cityofedmontonjobs.ca/featured/finance/
- Recognized University degree in Business, Finance, or Information Technology
- 4 years of experience implementing processes and procedures
- 4 years applying Root-Cause Analysis and Process Improvement Techniques to address and resolve process or ERP related issues
- Experience with Financial System projects
- Experience with Lean Sig Sigma Business Process Mapping considered an asset
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
Salary Range: 21M; Salary Grade: 030; $37.128 - $46.913 (Hourly); $69,057 - $87,258 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- Applicants may be tested
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals
The Province of Alberta is a party to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia, and the New West Partnership with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.tilma.ca.
Want to apply? Need more details? Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers
Use our easy online system to complete all application requirements immediately and efficiently.
Applicants applying by fax (780)496-8063 or by mail/drop-off at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7, will be forwarded necessary application documents.