Company: TG MINTO
Location: Palmerston, ON
Position: Supervisor (Injection Department)
Shift: Days & Afternoons (possibility of rotating shifts – Days/Afternoons in future)
Number of positions: 4
Reporting: Department Assistant Manager
General Job Description
As the direct link between upper management and team members, you must carry out your assigned duties while upholding TG Minto’s vision of treating everyone with honesty, dignity, integrity and respect. Performance and results of the injection department are a primary focus and must be supported with quality, efficiency and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all of our Team Members. Developing strong relationships with other internal departments and managements are critical for success in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct supervision and training of Leader Technicians and Factory Team Members.
- Enforce all company directives and policies: safe work environment, 5S
- Employee planning, work assignments and training
- Direct Leader Technicians and communicate regularly to monitor and maintain production
- Monitor FTM productivity and work standards follow through
- Assess and troubleshoot machine problems
- Monitor and communicate operating conditions of equipment to appropriate departments
- Communicate with all levels of management, including Japanese staff.
- Present material/information to groups.
- Aids in continuous improvement process.
- Motivates employees and assists in the resolution of conflict.
- Reviews trials process of new parts, and assists Pre-production Department in the scheduling of the trials.
- Conducts root cause analysis of customer problems and defect reduction.
- Documents departmental productivity and defects, and takes corrective action
- Coaches and counsels team members on various aspects of their duties including conducting full review of employees including discipline if necessary
- TG Minto may amend the reporting structure and/or duties and responsibilities as business needs require.
- 2-3 in Supervising in a Manufacturing environment
- Automotive Manufacturing preferred
- Candidates with plastics experience may be given preference
Click "APPLY NOW" to send email application or in person: 300 Toronto Street, PALMERSTON ONTARIO