TG Minto Corporation is a world-class plastic injection moulding company, building a strong team of professionals. As a growing, fast-paced, tier one automotive supplier for Toyota with a vision to consistently exceed customer standards, we invite you to be part of our team in Stratford.
Production Supervisor – Night Shift
Reporting to the department or plant manager, the supervisor is accountable for the performance and results of the Injection Department as well as being responsible for the direct supervision and training of Leader Technicians and Factory Team Members. As a Supervisor, you are the direct link between upper management and the team members. Your focus will be on quality and efficiency and you will ensure that all Team Members work within Health and Safety guidelines. Build strong and productive working relationships with other internal departments and management. As a Supervisor at TG MINTO CORPORATION, you are expected to carry out your assigned responsibilities in a professional manner while upholding TG Minto’s vision of treating everyone with honesty, dignity, integrity and respect. May be required to change shifts in order to accommodate production requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Directs the activities of the Injection Department. Operates from a wide scope of responsibility to maintain production schedules and to ensure safety and quality standards are adhered to by the group. These responsibilities are designed to ensure that a high level of production is maintained in a SAFE and economical way.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Overall responsibility of all midnight shift employees including maintenance, mould group, quality, etc.
- Plans and assigns work and trains new employees.
- Administers company policies for department.
- Directs Leader Technicians within the team, and works closely with the Leader Technicians to monitor, maintain FTM production.
- Ensure the productivity requirements are met by FTMs and that standardized work procedures are being followed.
- Assesses and troubleshoots machine/moulding problems.
- Determine the operating condition of all equipment found in your work area over which you have direct control. Reporting the condition of this equipment during each shift to maintenance or operations and the care of any equipment assigned to you or your department.
- Ensuring the proper operation of all equipment, in order to reduce the possibility of environmental or production upsets, and the correction of any such upsets in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all pertinent documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure machine schedules are prepared for daily production.
- Communicate with engineering, maintenance, and mould personnel at the Palmerston facility, in order to trouble shoot problems over the phone to determine correct course of action.
- Perform routine inspections and assessments of any equipment assigned to your department.
- Communicates with all levels of management, including Japanese staff.
- Presents materials/information to groups.
- Conducts root cause analysis of customer problems and defect reduction.
- Responsible for quality checks (First/Last Off, Process Audits, etc.)
- Documents departmental productivity and defects, and takes corrective action when needed.
- Motivates employees and assists in the resolution of conflict.
- Monitors and evaluates employees’ performance.
- Aids in continuous improvement process.
- Reviews trials process of new parts, and assists Preproduction Department in the scheduling of the trials.
- Assists manager/team lead as necessary to accomplish all goals and missions of the department.
- Coaches and counsels team members on various aspects of their duties.
- Administer corrective actions (discipline) for employees as appropriate.
- You will be held accountable for the carrying out of your individual responsibilities.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain 5S.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer competitive compensation, professional development and employee benefits. Join a company that treats everybody with honesty, dignity and respect, and offers opportunities for personal and professional growth. Apply now!
If you would like to make innovation your future in a challenging environment, forward your resume, by May 13, 2013, to:
TG Minto Corporation,
300 Toronto Street,
Palmerston, ON N0G 2P0
No agencies, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.