TG Minto Corporation is a world-class plastic injection moulding company, building a strong team of professionals. As a growing, fast-paced, tier one automotive supplier for Toyota with a vision to consistently exceed customer standards, we invite you to be part of our team in Stratford.
Production Administration (Warehouse) Supervisor – Day Shift
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the supervisor is accountable for the performance of the Production Administration (PA) Department an results of the PA Department as well as being responsible for the direct supervision and training of PA Leader Technicians and PA Factory Team Members. As a Supervisor, you are the direct link between upper management and the ream members. Your focus will be on quality and efficiency and you will ensure that all Team Members work within Health and Safety guidelines. Build strong and productive working relationships with other internal departments and management. As a Supervisor at TG MINTO CORPORATION, you are expected to carry out your assigned responsibilities in a professional manner while upholding TG Minto’s vision of treating everyone with honesty, dignity, integrity and respect. Must be flexible to rotate shifts (between Days/Afternoons) - once a second shift is added, you will be required to rotate shifts in order to accommodate production requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Directs the activities of the Production Administration Department. Operate from a wide scope of responsibility to maintain production schedules and to ensure safety and quality standards are adhered to by your group. These responsibilities are designed to ensure that a high level of production is maintained in a SAFE and economical way.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the safe work environment for all team members and maintain 5S and health and safety standards.
- Plans and assigns work and trains new employees.
- Administers company policies for department.
- Directs Leader Technicians within the team, and works closely with the PA Leader Technicians to monitor, maintain PA FTM production.
- Ensure the productivity requirements are met by PA FTMs and that standardized work procedures are being followed.
- Audit picking daily to ensure compliance to standard picking procedure.
- Maintain Team Member attendance and performance files.
- Monitor and report issues including but not limited to: incident reports for all issues within the department (dock door issues, equipment accidents, team member medical conditions, health and safety, accidents involving quality of our product).
- Lead and maintain 5S conditions and complete weekly 5S audits to monitor condition of department.
- Lead start of shift meetings daily.
- Plans and assigns work and coordinates the training of new employees.
- Monitor and control overtime to meet budget requirements.
- Investigate all shipping/receiving concerns.
- Ensure standardized training on all shifts.
- Communicates with all levels of management.
- Motivates employees and assists in the resolution of conflict.
- Evaluates employees’ performance.
- Contribute to the development of the shipping/receiving area and participate in continuous improvement process.
- Coaches and counsels team members on various aspects of their duties.
- Issues corrective actions (discipline) for employees as appropriate.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain 5S.
- Basic PA Office duties to be determined and assigned for the Stratford Facility. (SSR’s, Cycle Counts, Basic Inventory Control, production data entry).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer competitive compensation, professional development and employee benefits. Join a company that treats everybody with honesty, dignity and respect, and offers opportunities for personal and professional growth. Apply now!
If you would like to make innovation your future in a challenging environment, forward your resume, by May 13, 2013, to:
TG Minto Corporation,
300 Toronto Street,
Palmerston, ON N0G 2P0
No agencies, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.