TG Minto Corporation is a world-class plastic injection moulding company, building a strong team of professionals. As a growing, fast-paced, tier one automotive supplier for Toyota with a vision to consistently exceed customer standards, we invite you to be part of our team in Palmerston.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, you will be responsible for the development and improvement of all paint processes, including defect reduction, cycle time management, material usage and process control. You have the ability to complete tasks within tight timelines, double check tasks and processes while ensuring exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Your strong communication and customer service focus is key to success. You are known for being proactive, results-oriented, resourceful and able to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and product quality.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop and improve paint processes for assigned parts
- Work with paint and jig suppliers to define requirements
- Program robots, determine flow, fan, viscosity, temp, pressure and atomization settings
- Conduct trials to develop process parameters and meet customer specifications and orders
- Issue “PFS”, problem follow up sheets with MSCN’s to countermeasure problems and eliminate defects.
- Optimize process settings to reduce cycle time and paint usage while maintaining “0” defects.
- Explain process issues and progress at daily morning meeting.
- Document Condition Settings and any Work Instructions.
- Meet customer “HVPT” high volume production trial criteria
- Train Supervisors on how to start up process and maintain “0” defects.
- Continuously improve processes for assigned parts to reduce downtime, cost and defects.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain 5S.
- Other duties as assigned.
You will have the following skills and directly related work experience:
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree (B.A); or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years in the automotive industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid passport and be willing to travel.
We offer competitive compensation, professional development and employee benefits. Join a company that treats everybody with honesty, dignity and respect.
If you would like to make innovation your future in a challenging environment, forward your resume to:
TG Minto Corporation,
300 Toronto Street,
Palmerston, ON N0G 2P0
No agencies, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.