TG MINTO - Company Profile
Business: Plastic Injection Moulding for Tier 1 Toyota Supplier (2 locations)
Location of work: Palmerston, ON
Position Title: Machine Group Technician
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
General Job Description
Reporting to the Machine Group Supervisor, this position coordinates and support with all members of the TG Minto Team. Ideal candidate will have injection plastics experience and be able to immediately contribute to the Machine Group Team.
- Core hours: 8 am to 5 pm, 1 hour unpaid lunch
- Expectation of schedule: supporting the business requires continuous overtime including regular weekend overtime
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mechanical troubleshooting of existing machinery.
- Troubleshoot low voltage electrical machine circuits
- Assist in the coordination, installation, repair and inspection of mechanical equipment.
- Assist in developing procedures and standard installation practices.
- Communicate with the machine group & maintenance team on all critical mechanical changes and updates.
- Knowledge of applicable mechanical procedures, standards and regulations.
- Confident understanding of the Injection area including IMM, material handling equipment, chiller and process water, hot runners and assembly equipment.
- Maintain a documented weekly summary of completed work.
- Responsible for designing and manufacturing EOAT (end of arm tooling)
OSSD or equivalent or General Education Degree/Diploma
Asset: Valid Driver’s License
- electrical knowledge or electrical qualification
- Fanuc and/or Star robots
- common tools and materials used in a maintenance environment
- operate basic machinery and tools
Demonstrated ability to:
- read and understand Ladder Logic diagrams
- work independently
- multitask, prioritize work and juggle multiple assignments
- some heavy lifting
- problem solving
- written and verbal communication
- proficient with computers, especially Microsoft Excel & Word
- AutoCad an asset
Click "APPLY NOW" to send email application or in person: 300 Toronto Street, PALMERSTON ONTARIO