TG Minto Corporation is a world-class plastic injection moulding company, building a strong team of professionals. As a growing, fast-paced, tier one automotive supplier for Toyota with a vision to consistently exceed customer standards, we invite you to be part of our team in Palmerston.
General Job Description:
Responsible for defect reductions, cycle time management, material usage, and process control in injection process. Flexible work hours will be necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining all aspects of quality in the injection-molding department.
- Trials for new products, molds, and EOAT (End of Arm Tooling).
- Scrap reduction and overall productivity improvement.
- Assisting Quality Control, Tooling, Maintenance, and Paint Departments with any issues due to the molding process and working together to resolve them.
- Investigate “WHY?” in all aspects of the process and find a solution to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
- Focus on mizen boushi activities – prevent problem from occurring before it happens.
- Trouble-shoot defects in the injection process and implement countermeasures by determining the cause of the trouble and taking steps to prevent re-occurrence.
- Scrap reduction by limiting defects to meet established targets.
- Cycle reduction on all machines by creating efficiencies for operators.
- Training set-up, leader tech and supervisors on set-up work instructions.
- Training set-up and supervisors with new products and procedures.
- Creation of work instructions for purging, mould change and before start up check.
- Documentation of all presses as well as training supervisors and set-up how to use them.
- Maintain consistent quality and production by stabilizing processes and machine functions.
- Reduce machine down time by implementing maintenance and preventative maintenance (delegate the actual repairs/maintenance to the maintenance dept.).
- Fill out MSCN’s for tool modifications, retrials, & follow-up to ensure the modifications were implemented and successful by retrial.
- Train set up techs to perform minor processing for defect trouble shooting
- Maintain charts, report daily/weekly defect activity and monthly scrap/defect ratio report.
- Support Set-up with mold changes and colour changes when possible
- Work in a safe manner and maintain 5S.
- TG Minto may amend the reporting structure and/or duties and responsibilities as business needs require
- 2 year college diploma; or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years in the automotive industry.
- Vacuum form and injection manufacturing experience is considered an asset.
- Reach truck license required.
- Lift truck license required.
A heritage of innovation, a legacy of leadership
Founded in 1949, Toyoda Gosei is a customer-driven, global company that researches,...