Strong Futures are Built with Steel. Build You Future at TFL Industrial!
TFL Industrial is seeking an exceptional individual to join our winning team. We are currently seeking a Field Superintendent. The Field Superintendent will work primarily on field jobs, located on customer sites. Camp or other accommodation will be provided while working out of town.
- Coach and mentor the Construction staff on the project to safe work practices, quality workmanship, productivity and schedule
- Facilitate daily work planning meetings
- Oversee the Foremen and work crews in area of accountability
- Participate and conduct performance management reviews
- Record and provide daily headcount report to appropriate Safety personnel
- Plan/sequence all craft discipline work in area of responsibility
- Accountable for productivity and quality targets established for the scope of work within area of responsibility
- Troubleshoot any constructability issues in regards to engineering, material shortages etc.
- Manage and drive the Field (Dynamic) Planning process in area of responsibility
- Ensure work crews utilize and follow FIWP/FWP/MAWP's to meet project schedule
- Perform worksite inspections monitoring safety and quality of work
- Conduct incident investigations within area of supervision as required
- Submit potential trend forms and track out of scope work utilizing the Change and Trend Management process
- Regularly communicate work progress, schedule variance, crew and safety performance to the Construction Manager
- Meet daily with various departments including materials and equipment to arrange and ensure timely pickup or delivery of materials/equipment needed for the construction of the project
- Review and submit daily timesheets, Task Hazards Analysis, Behaviour Observations cards, Record of Employment Requests and any other paperwork on behalf of the crew to appropriate internal personnel. Ensure any appropriate overtime approvals have been requested and approved prior to performing overtime
- Ensure daily progress reports have been submitted by Forman on shift
- Promote and adhere to TFL Industrial Safety Management System
- Experience fabrication tanks
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience required, 5+ of these years in a Superintendent role
- Journeyperson Boilermaker or Welder is an asset
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Projects), STAT Stacker
- Experience working within Industrial or Commercial Construction preferred
- The ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels
- Positive, outgoing, motivated and hardworking individual
- An excellent understanding of scheduling software
- An excellent understanding of all the construction trades
- Understands and demonstrates the willingness to promote TFL Industrial’s vision and values
- A desire to build strong professional relationships
TFL Industrial provides a positive, team oriented working environment.
Visit us at http://www.TFLIndustrial.com
How to Apply:
Please respond to this add, or visit the careers section of our website.
INCLUDE THE JOB ID WHEN APPLYING: IND-130408-FSUP
Indeed - 23 months ago