Strong Futures are Built with Steel. Build Your Future at TFL Industrial!
TFL Industrial is seeking exceptional individuals to join our winning team. If you’re a motivated, hardworking and positive worker, seeking long-term and permanent employment, we’d like to hear from you!
Currently, we’re seeking a Field QC Inspector to start immediately, for a duration of 1 month, with the possibility of extension. The job is located in Northern AB.
- Competitive Base Wage
- Flights and Camp provided
- Complete QC tasks assigned by QC Manager & Operations Manager, related to structural steel (CSA W47.1 & 59)
- Verification of material condition, grade, and specification to ensure compliance with drawings and/or other specific requirements.
- Visual inspections of various welding stages for the field installation of pile caps.
- Dimensional verifications
- Ensuring heat numbers and welder id’s are clearly identified on final assemblies and recorded on weld tracking log sheets.
- Monitor the control, issue and storage of welding electrodes.
- Ensure welding personnel tickets and equipment calibrations are current.
- Surveillance activities
- Complete Turnover documentation and submit to Client.
- Effective transfer of quality related information to the QC Manager
- Promote and adhere to TFL Industrial Safety Management System
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- CWB Level 2
- Certified in CSA W59 and W47.1
- 2+ years experience working in a Quality position
- 5+ years previous trades experience
- Trade certification in Welding, Pipefitting, or Structural Steel Plate Fitting.
- Experience working in a shop structural and piping environment
- Experience creating ITPs
- Experience generating RFIs and NCRs
- Experience reviewing client specifications
- Experience with weld mapping
- Strong understanding of weld procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Leadership skills
- Mentoring skills
Shift schedule Monday – Friday, day shift. The shop is located in the Winterburn Industrial Park.
TFL Industrial provides a positive, team oriented working environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB ID WHEN APPLYING: IND-140221-QCIN
Please respond to this add with a copy of your resume. Or, visit us at www.tflindustrial.com/careers
Thank you for your interest in TFL Industrial!
Due to time constraints, only those resumes with a corresponding job ID, and chosen to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.