The role of the Supply Chain Designer is to design, develop and implement supply chain designs capable of performing to business and customer requirements in the areas of New Product Introduction (NPI) and Supply Chain Change (fleet modifications, program volume change, new facilities and changes to the source and /or manufacturing method).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interfacing with various functional groups (e.g., Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Purchasing) from early concept definition to enable the design mapping and implementation of capable, total-cost effective internal and external supply chain solutions.
- Provide Supply Chain Design input to support the development of robust commodity strategies and influence decision-making at Sourcing and Contract Review Boards.
- Create and maintain all Supply Chain Specification documents in line with the Production System.
- Will be engaging with any Source and/or Manufacturing Method Change that may impact Supply Chain Designs or provide an opportunity to improve them.
- Must support and lead risk assessments relating to supply chain change to ensure we deliver capable, production ready supply chains.
- Must prepare and deliver relevant information to achieve key milestone gate reviews required by the project as part of the Product Introduction and Lifecycle Management and related reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree and + 5 years experience or in lieu of a degree 7 years experience in a Supply Chain role
- Will have demonstrable experience in using Value Stream Maps or similar techniques to improve existing supply chain performance