Junior Software Engineers / Developers
The Software Engineer or Developer will develop and validate software in accordance with established specifications and will investigate specific software engineering problems. Responsibilities include full life cycle development of embedded real-time software in application of civil/military cockpit, navigation and communication avionics and systems.
- Develop software in accordance with company and industry standard methodologies (as per military and/or commercial standards).
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle (Analysis, Design, Code and Validation)
- Participate in systems design and peer reviews.
- Write software documentation, debug and validate software.
- Depending on level, could take over responsibility for technical aspects of design, codification and validation of specific complex functions.
- Depending on level, could supervise a small team of engineers and participate in planning to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Some experience in software design and methodologies.
- Ability to design code and validate new software as well as modify existing software.
- Experience in C/C++ and low level programming.
- Self-motivated and good team player.
- Good French and English communication skills, both oral and written.
Applicants with some of the following assets will be preferred candidates.
- Experience with real-time embedded system design in avionics.
- Experience with object-oriented design.
- Graphics with OpenGL.
- Software Industry Standards (DO-178B).
- Experience with hardware/software integration.
- Experience with model-based design (SCADE).
- Integrated Modular Avionics (DO-297, ARINC 653, ARINC 661, ARINC 664).
- Model verification, model conversion and information exchange (XML).
- IDE environments, databases and scripting languages.
- System integration on test bench.