Start Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: December 11, 2012
Are you looking for a challenge and room for growth? Do you want to be part of something new and innovative?
TELUS Spark is a registered not-for-profit organization founded in 1967. Opening doors for over 400,000 visitors annually, TELUS Spark has taken the leading role in providing interactive learning experiences in science for families from Calgary and Southern Alberta for over 40 years. TELUS Spark has recently completed an exciting and innovative project to build the first new purpose-built science centre in Canada in over 25 years – filling it with ground-breaking exhibits and programs that will engage people of all ages in a unique mix of science, technology and art experiences.
The new TELUS Spark opened on October 29, 2011, and we are looking for people who share our passion for science, technology and art and who dream of making a difference in the lives of people of all ages. If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.
TELUS Spark has over 120 full-time and part-time staff and over 130 dynamic volunteers that drive our organization’s vision and mission, making TELUS Spark a great place to work and volunteer.
The Manager, IT is accountable for ensuring the optimal delivery of IT services to support and facilitate management of the organization; including the maintenance; development and implementation of information technology growth objectives while achieving the required outcomes within time spans of up to 1 year.
The Manager, IT is accountable to the Vice President, Technology, and operates within the context and prescribed limits established by the Vice President, Technology.
-Develop a strong team of employees focused on the effective and efficient use of IT to meet the needs of employees and guests.
-Develop, recommend and implement strategies for effective delivery and support of technology in all business areas.
-Design and build the technology services organization, manage staff and budgets related to the provision of technology services.
-Develop and maintain connections with IT support structures external to our organization as well as our vendors.
-Ensure the standards and objectives of the IT plan (including the implementation, operation, and integration of new and existing platforms) are communicated and understood.
-Direct the service and support programs for all technology based systems and services. Direct the creation and maintenance of client service level agreements and performance management processes to monitor them.
-Act as the lead technology architect leading the planning, evaluation and implementation activities related to central and distributed computing equipment, telecommunications services and other related technology required by the organization.
-Develop, deliver and evaluate IT training.
- Degree required from a related discipline such as Engineering or Computer Science.
- Previous completion of Management training or experience in IT Management is required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a wide range of technology and telecommunications management fields is required.
- Microsoft certification is strong asset.
- A demonstrated understanding of budgeting, estimating and purchasing practices and protocols.
- Thorough understand of VMWare and virtualization practices, networks, Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003, Lotus Notes, ATMS, Symantec, EMC SAN, Mac & PC integrated environment.
- Demonstrated supervisory or management experience
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven facilitation, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with remote management and monitoring of PC and Mac based operating systems.
A police records check is required as is the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed/requested.
Send cover letter and resume to careers@ calgaryscience.ca with "MANAGER, IT" in the email subject line.
No telephone calls will be accepted.