TELUS Spark, Calgary’s new science centre has an amazing opportunity for a dynamic individual ready for growth and development. If you are looking for a challenge and want to be part of something innovative and really make a difference in your organization we want to hear from you.
TELUS Spark, the new Science Centre, is Canada’s first purpose built science centre in over 25 years. Our programming is built on fostering 21st century skills, such as critical thinking, problem solving and risk taking – skills needed to help further the province, the country and the world! We are looking for people who share our passion for science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM), and who dream of making a difference in the lives of people of all ages. We have over 370,000 visitors annually and are a registered not-for-profit organization founded in 1967.
The Event Coordinator is accountable for the administration of the facility sales program and high quality event management. This includes optimizing facility utilization, supporting and enhancing the brand and attracting new and repeat clients.
- Organization and management of special events and functions consistent with TELUS Spark brand, with high quality, efficiency and cost effective services that align with best practices to create and deliver high service standards.
- Monitor, anticipate, adapt, mitigate, and respond to changing conditions in the Facility Sales area. Identify risks, develop contingency plans and collaborate with management to solve operating pressures and act on opportunities.
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against objectives and against appropriate performance metrics. Analyze and identify issues that are or will impact operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Act as the first point of contact for all facility sales inquiries, site tours.
- Act as an interface with our catering provider to ensure that all expectations, financial and operational, are met and or exceeded for all facility sales events.
- Responsible for effective customer service delivery regarding client relations, ensuring service standards are met, soliciting client feedback, continuous improvement and recovery plans where appropriate for all facility sales events.
- Driving alignment between facility sales initiatives and the TELUS Spark brand identity by marketing and attaining events that are congruent with TELUS Spark mission, vision, programs, special exhibits and the facility operation.
The successful candidate on this position will possess
- Related degree/diploma required and 2+ years of related progressive experience within the field
- Proven demonstration of effective facility sales management and or event management experience is required.
- Knowledge of Event Pro or similar event management software is an asset
- Demonstrated excellence in the areas of sales, communication, customer service, presentation, budgeting, time management and multi-tasking
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be ProServe certified
We are looking for an individual that is
- Professional appearance and mannerism.
- Flexible and able to work in a changing environment.
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills. Must be able to relate to and deal with clients in various different levels.
If you want to be part of an energetic, driven and focused team where you have a strong voice and impact on your organization TELUS Spark is the place for you.
Please note the successful applicant will be subject to a Police Information Check and will have to work occasional overtime, weekend and holiday shifts.
TELUS Spark offers a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including health spending account, employer matching RRSP program, personal days off, training and development assistance, free parking, complimentary annual membership and discounts in shop and café.
Send cover letter and resume to careers@ sparkscience.ca with "Event Coordinator" in the email subject line. No telephone calls will be accepted.