TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Outstanding
Senior Business Process Improvement Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2014
Well managed company with the right balance of providing contractors and client relationships. Actively involved to monitor contractors and client satisfaction.
Contractor for Dell at Microsoft Data Center
Hardware Technician (Current Employee), Boydton, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: day to day task are always diferent.
Cons: management bend the truth to their benefit.
Work alone (which is great). Have a small team. Co-workers are great. Management simi-tolerable. Learned new techniques in troubleshooting. No real hard part to the job except the Bench Logs. Making sure no mistakes.
Free lunches good learning environment
Level I Helpdesk Support Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2014
Pros: fee lunches good learning inviorment
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Log in work station, pull up needed applications, check e-mails,
review open assignments and new developments. Begin taking
live calls or call back on open assignments.

Learned dealing with network connection, device operations,
corporate polices, and other troubleshooting issues.

Management helpful and fair.

Language barrier at times.

Working and – more... learning other nuances of IT field. – less
Good Team Environment
Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJune 15, 2014
From day one; I was comfortable with every member I worked with on the team.
Great Company
Product Support (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 14, 2014
I have an enjoyable time working with the staff out here. They are always trying to fill the best position available for you. My recuiters have been extra helpful in getting me a job or searching for a position that fits my needs and will also assist me with work and life.

They are a great company to work for if you are in the technical field and want – more... to either get your foot in the door or even assist with job placement for new people in the area. – less
Terrible
Software (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 13, 2014
Do not work for this company.
I have been contracting for them for quite some time.
Their recruiters constantly leave.
They offer zero benefits to contracters. Good luck getting a raise.
They can't offer health insurance in MA because their national program is illegal in MA?
Terrible company. You are better off working with another recruiting company.
Highly professional and supportive company
Software Testing Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 12, 2014
TEKsystems is a fantastic staffing company . Its recruiters are are energetic and genuinely interested in placing you where you can succeed and excel. They have a myriad of online training applications that you can complete to help familiarize yourself with material before you start an assignment, and if you can provide a convincing case, they can provide – more... you with more in-depth training as well. The environment created by its employees is wonderful. It truly is a place that inspires one to work at 200%. – less
fun
IT Tech (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 11, 2014
Great place working friendly co workers comfortable work enviroment
Good company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: management, pay
Cons: still a consultant
Work directly with clients. Consultant managers always provide assistance when needed.
TEKsystems
Account Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJune 9, 2014
Collaborative, team based work environment
Long hours, high volume phone calls
Weekly, monthly, annual expected business results
Daily strategy meetings and performance reviews
Fun work place
Information Technology Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, training
Good organization to start your career.
Typical sales job
Great coworkers
n/a
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJune 3, 2014
I work in a bullpin environment with constant changes. 3 other coordinators who often seem very stressed.
HBSS
Sr. Systems Integrator (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 1, 2014
I have learned much about the HBSS system, as well as working cross multiple domains. HBSS is a challenge STIGing machine and applying rules and exceptions allowing products to work, while keeping the environment safe is an important function.
very knowledgeable coworkers
Switch Technician (Former Employee), Tustin, CAMay 31, 2014
fire up computer and start building circuits,answer phones,work with field techs,learned to use outlook and spreadsheets,build and implement scripts,learned the LTE network.Management usually involved,great crew.highly technical but fun to work&learn.
Great Work Experience...but THAT'S ALL!!!
Windows 7 Migrations Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: communication, pay, integrity
I gave this company a 3 star because of the recruiting, and they pay pretty light compared to other companies, and don't seem to really provide much integrity as other contractors would.

I was once told one thing, then something completely different takes place, and then I hear nothing for weeks. I then find out the position is already filled with – more... no communication at all. I happily requested for a new recruiter, and I never heard anything from them ever since.

I find it quite sad because I did whatever I could to stay on the team and I worked until the end of the contract which others weren't quite so lucky. I thought that by providing a strong work ethic and above and beyond initiation along with the will to learn, would be noticeable but apparently they see other wise, or don't bother seeing anything at all besides a pay check. Trust me, I love getting paid too, but I also want to be in a field that I love and enjoy working in, and they happened to make that very difficult for me. – less
Great place to work bad place to live
Contract Employee Software Engineer (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMay 30, 2014
Pros: lunchroom in building
Cons: food was o.k.
Developing Oracle Database 9.0. Learned Sybase EAServer. Management was sparse with few co-workers. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was writting EAServer script,
Contract position
TECHNICAL TRAINER (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Employed for the duration of the contract. Prefer to reveal more during the interview process. All positive concerning TEK Systems, and I'm sure that will be reciprocated.
Great place for training and a lot of good people.
IT Recruiter (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 29, 2014
Pros: great training and people.
Cons: doesn't always allow for free thinking, they want you to do things a very specific way even though there may be other alternatives
TEKsystems has taught me skills that I can take with me for the rest of my life; both professionally and personally. I've learned how to strategically go about my day to produce the best results and how to build relationships internally and externally.
Two Calls
n/a (Former Employee), n/aMay 27, 2014
Cons: everything
I have been doing IT work for the last 16 years of my life. I have various certifications I will not bother listing.

I received a call from a woman telling me that my work experience with network devices and computers was apparently not good enough to land me a job anywhere. I found this strange at first so I brushed up my resume and sent it in again – more... and received another call a week later telling me they had 3 potential jobs lined up for me. I was told that I wold be getting a call and an email from them in the next few days. The call and email never happened.

Honestly I see a group of young kids running a phone center for a hiring firm that does not care whether or not you find work anywhere. All they care about is running names through their mill so they can add it to their number of people they have "consulted with". I am willing to bet 75% of those people either found no work at all through them or just found a simple starting position they long since moved on from.

That was almost a year ago, and since then i started working at a grocery store because teksystems cant find work for a college graduate with certifications and 16 years of experience under their belt. – less
Helpful Recruiting Company
Help desk support for the Xbox systems (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAMay 25, 2014
TekSystems is a recruiting company that is helping me get positions on jobs. So far they have gotten me on contract position with Microsoft. Waiting to hear about another possible contract position with Boeing. Hardest part is not knowing where I will, or if I will be working from day to day.

About TEKsystems

TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America – Read more