TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
outstanding employer
Telecom Technician (Current Employee), Radnor, PAMay 14, 2014
Since I've worked with Teksystems the environment and job skills match my standards of employment. Attention to detail and very satisfied with work and management.
Great help!
Systems Analyst to Northrop Grumman (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMay 13, 2014
Got me started in my career today and the best contractor I have worked for. Will help you get a job in no time!
Wouldn't Recommend
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaMay 12, 2014
They got me the job, but aside from that, their contractor benefits were lousy and it felt like they only cared about their commission.
Decent place to start, but don't stay too long
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: compensation, work-life
For those that don't know, TEK Systems is a contracting company for IT professionals. In comparison with most other contracting companies in the Houston, TX region, TEK Systems does a poor job in terms of compensation. Worse, job security simply does not exist when it comes to TEK Systems. I have seen co-workers let go without any warning before their – more... contracts have expired.

However, there are some positives with the company. When I first started, the management was shaky at best, but recent changes and bringing in new faces within the company may suggest that there may be good changes moving forward. I would only recommend TEK Systems to those that are simply looking for a way to jump start their careers. – less
Great place to work... Ready for a change
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee), Houston TXMay 9, 2014
Pros: flexible and good people
Cons: many company changes
Great place to work. Looking for a change because of different situations. I am ready to move on in my career.
Great Culture and Fun place to work
IT Recruiter (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, happy hours, sporting events
Cons: long hours, takes time to rip the real benefits
Has a ton of growth potential
Work with people that care about your personal and professional growth
Great company to work for
est Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 8, 2014
Pros: salary
Great company to work for here in SC. They took care of there employees.
Provides great opportunities
Service Desk Operations (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 6, 2014
TEKSystems is a great place to get a food in the door. They work hard to find employment that suites your abilities and needs.
Awesome culture enviroment, great place to work while learning everyday and advancing your career!
Professional IT Recruiter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 6, 2014
Pros: opportunity across the board. market analytics, corporate networking, projects, updated technologies, etc.
Cons: work/life balance at times but is situational.
A typical day consists of anywhere from 10-12 hours of work whether it was in or away from the office. The opportunity to learn something new and advance your career is an every day deal while employed with TEKsystems. The opportunity to learn how to prioritize daily tasks to be most effective when producing and helping others are the the things I had – more... the chance to learn and be better at each day.
Putting a large focus on the business that is moving, satisfying customers, building relationships and staying motivated to accomplishing professional and personal goals were some the best things I've taken away from this position.
Hardest part about my position is being a single mom and dedicating many hours to the company but also balancing the hours with the needs of my daughter. It is possible and my co workers, management and technical professionals were always very supportive.
I enjoyed making a difference in people's lives, helping them find an opportunity that they loved getting up to go into everyday, I enjoyed producing and working as a partner to my peers to execute on the company's annual goals. I enjoyed working with my peers and making a positive impact whenever I had the opportunity to do so. – less
Review for TEKsystems
Engineer Customer Support Team Lead (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 6, 2014
Although a good placement company, they are lacking in leadership and engineer advancement.
Professional IT Recruiter
Professional IT Recruiter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 1, 2014
Pros: career advancement, setting and accomplishing personal or professional goals, networking with various companies and people
Cons: work life balance to a point
•Sr. IT Recruiter primarily specialized in Network/ Systems Infrastructure and Communications screening and selection; Systems/Network Architecture/Engineering/NOC/Desktop/Service Desk/ Project Management/ Directors/leadership roles/Technical Support/ Remote Support/Field Technicians and/or Telecommunications to align the top IT Talent to align with – more... ongoing career opportunities. Daily duties included;
o Developing effective and innovative recruiting strategies for attracting and sourcing high quality technical candidates for client companies.
o Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of candidates following a thorough screening and interview process to accomplish the following; negotiate wages, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates
o Oversee pre-employment steps including reference checks, onboarding paperwork, coordinating scheduling/start dates and completion of background/drug tests
o Build, manage and maintain relationships with the contract employees during and after each assignment
o Responsible for redeploying Technical Professionals before contract end dates
o Schedule and/or complete on boarding and new hire paperwork
o Interacted with TEKsystems Account Managers to reviewing top accounts and target skill sets to provide successful delivery and revenue
o Communicate effectively with others in order to create a productive and diverse environment
o Maintain relationships with industry contacts to gain industry knowledge and get referrals
o Provided local market analytics, timely feedback Pre-interview preparation and post-interview follow-up and assisted with resume building for Technical Professionals.
o Set professional and personal goals for self and with the team to hold accountability and/or be held accountable to drive peers, set positive work environment, motivate others to set up for success.
o Forming strategic partnerships with senior management to determine staffing needs.
o Participating in weekly recruitment meetings, conference calls, focusing on troubleshooting difficult positions and managing client issues
o Responsible for closures of technical professionals into both contract and permanent employment opportunities
o Assisted in negotiating, reviewing and Executing of rates on W2/1099/ contracts, customer agreements or Bill Rates with Vendors and Clients. – less
KIOSK's are user friendly and fun to support
Technical Support (Former Employee), Westminster, COApril 29, 2014
Pros: new projects all the time
Cons: not getting parts on time
New technologies and applications for each kiosk project
Always improving systems
Project Management was very professional
Customer Service Department was a team player
Good starting off position
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
TEKsystems is a good starting off company to work for. They sell you on a dream and uncapped commission that few ever achieve. It can be a very political work place.
Technology Staffing company that understands Non-Profits
Contractor- Facilitator, Compassion International (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 27, 2014
I have worked with Teksystems not only as a contractor but also as a hiring manager. They have provided staff that fit the unique requirements that I was looking for while understanding the technical needs the job required. As a contractor they provided great support through online training and supervisory staff onsite. They are a company I would look – more... to again for contracting or hiring in the future. – less
Professional and committed to its employees.
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLApril 23, 2014
Pros: communication to its employees
Always looking out for their employees. Communication between employees and employer was very easy. Great at placing people in the proper career positions.
Good to grow in career
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 23, 2014
good to grow in career and a place to learn many technologies
Exciting and challenging work environment
Level 1 Universal Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 21, 2014
Pros: learned a lot, great team environment, flexible management, overtime always available
Cons: contract employment, benefits
This position was a great entry level tech position for someone like me who wanted to gain more experience working in technical support. I learned a lot about computer software. It allowed me to showcase my resourcefulness. The management team were very knowledgeable and helpful people. They didn't mind if you had to interrupt them to get some help. – more... The other techs on the floor with more experience were also very willing to help between calls. The job was only challenging when you received a call where you had absolutely no idea how to help the Boeing employee, but in those scenarios you can ask a neighbor or a manager to assist you in what to search in the database to find the appropriate help article. I most enjoyed when I was challenged on a call or had no idea what to do and somehow "accidentally" fixed the issue. – less
Great company to work for..
Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 18, 2014
--This company places you with clients...
--every opportunity teaches a new skill
--management is great
By paying me a small amount of money, they could charge a larger amount of money
BPOS Tier 3 Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 18, 2014
Pros: minimal work load, minimal management
Cons: boring, no advancement
At one point, my "job" deteriorated to showing up in the office and browsing the internet for 8 hours, then going home. We had no work to do, but were still being paid under contract. This company will only employ you so long as you're in a contract. By paying a person $50,000, they are able to charge Microsoft about $300,000.
Excellent IT Recruiter
Win7/Desktop Support Contractor (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 14, 2014
Pros: professional organization. good internal resources for contracted personnel.
Cons: contracted job was relatively low-paying.
My personal recruiter matched my skillsets to job requirements very well.

About TEKsystems

TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America – Read more

TEKsystems Photos