TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place for training and a lot of good people.
IT Recruiter (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 29, 2014
Pros: great training and people.
Cons: doesn't always allow for free thinking, they want you to do things a very specific way even though there may be other alternatives
TEKsystems has taught me skills that I can take with me for the rest of my life; both professionally and personally. I've learned how to strategically go about my day to produce the best results and how to build relationships internally and externally.
Two Calls
n/a (Former Employee), n/aMay 27, 2014
Cons: everything
I have been doing IT work for the last 16 years of my life. I have various certifications I will not bother listing.

I received a call from a woman telling me that my work experience with network devices and computers was apparently not good enough to land me a job anywhere. I found this strange at first so I brushed up my resume and sent it in again – more... and received another call a week later telling me they had 3 potential jobs lined up for me. I was told that I wold be getting a call and an email from them in the next few days. The call and email never happened.

Honestly I see a group of young kids running a phone center for a hiring firm that does not care whether or not you find work anywhere. All they care about is running names through their mill so they can add it to their number of people they have "consulted with". I am willing to bet 75% of those people either found no work at all through them or just found a simple starting position they long since moved on from.

That was almost a year ago, and since then i started working at a grocery store because teksystems cant find work for a college graduate with certifications and 16 years of experience under their belt. – less
Helpful Recruiting Company
Help desk support for the Xbox systems (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAMay 25, 2014
TekSystems is a recruiting company that is helping me get positions on jobs. So far they have gotten me on contract position with Microsoft. Waiting to hear about another possible contract position with Boeing. Hardest part is not knowing where I will, or if I will be working from day to day.
Just Work
IT Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 25, 2014
The employees are nice but it's a revolving door policy. They help you get a job and that's about it.
Grat company to work for
Level II Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), North CarolinaMay 22, 2014
Good company, great finding work. good pay. very good recruiters.
Excellent company to work for
Contract Assignment - Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMay 20, 2014
Everyone at TEKsystems is friendly and very professional. I found anyone I had contact with to be helpful as well.
A good and progressive company to work for
Database Architect / Business Data Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches etc.
Cons: manage your pay requirement
The Account Managers at TEKsystems take time to checkup on their consultants. Expect lunch meetings from time to time to provide feedback on your experience at the customer site. They operate as a business and try to maximize profits where they can, insist on receiving the pay your position and experience warrant. I have maintained relationships with – more... several of the Account Managers I have worked with. – less
Contractor, TDS Telecom (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 18, 2014
Good place to work if you like contract work. My rep I dealt with kept in contact all of the time and worked hard to make sure my needs were taken care of.
Good management team but lacks communication
Operations Analyst III (Current Employee), Okinawa, JapanMay 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: lack of management involvement
Working for TEKsystems, under a government contract for Hewlett Packard, is a difficult position to be in. There is not enough communication between the multiple entities that make up the management of this contract. The job itself is easy enough. I have spent almost a year trying to share my experience and expertise, but as a contractor working within – more... the framework for the DOD, you don't get treated with much respect. I work on the newly established Regional Service Desk, and we have been called "manpower" by the DOD management on site. That is the way they treat us as well. Our knowledge doesn't count for anything. The high point is the customer base. They appreciate what we do. – less
outstanding employer
Telecom Technician (Current Employee), Radnor, PAMay 14, 2014
Since I've worked with Teksystems the environment and job skills match my standards of employment. Attention to detail and very satisfied with work and management.
Great help!
Systems Analyst to Northrop Grumman (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMay 13, 2014
Got me started in my career today and the best contractor I have worked for. Will help you get a job in no time!
Wouldn't Recommend
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaMay 12, 2014
They got me the job, but aside from that, their contractor benefits were lousy and it felt like they only cared about their commission.
Decent place to start, but don't stay too long
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: compensation, work-life
For those that don't know, TEK Systems is a contracting company for IT professionals. In comparison with most other contracting companies in the Houston, TX region, TEK Systems does a poor job in terms of compensation. Worse, job security simply does not exist when it comes to TEK Systems. I have seen co-workers let go without any warning before their – more... contracts have expired.

However, there are some positives with the company. When I first started, the management was shaky at best, but recent changes and bringing in new faces within the company may suggest that there may be good changes moving forward. I would only recommend TEK Systems to those that are simply looking for a way to jump start their careers. – less
Great place to work... Ready for a change
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee), Houston TXMay 9, 2014
Pros: flexible and good people
Cons: many company changes
Great place to work. Looking for a change because of different situations. I am ready to move on in my career.
Great Culture and Fun place to work
IT Recruiter (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, happy hours, sporting events
Cons: long hours, takes time to rip the real benefits
Has a ton of growth potential
Work with people that care about your personal and professional growth
Great company to work for
est Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 8, 2014
Pros: salary
Great company to work for here in SC. They took care of there employees.
Provides great opportunities
Service Desk Operations (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 6, 2014
TEKSystems is a great place to get a food in the door. They work hard to find employment that suites your abilities and needs.
Awesome culture enviroment, great place to work while learning everyday and advancing your career!
Professional IT Recruiter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 6, 2014
Pros: opportunity across the board. market analytics, corporate networking, projects, updated technologies, etc.
Cons: work/life balance at times but is situational.
A typical day consists of anywhere from 10-12 hours of work whether it was in or away from the office. The opportunity to learn something new and advance your career is an every day deal while employed with TEKsystems. The opportunity to learn how to prioritize daily tasks to be most effective when producing and helping others are the the things I had – more... the chance to learn and be better at each day.
Putting a large focus on the business that is moving, satisfying customers, building relationships and staying motivated to accomplishing professional and personal goals were some the best things I've taken away from this position.
Hardest part about my position is being a single mom and dedicating many hours to the company but also balancing the hours with the needs of my daughter. It is possible and my co workers, management and technical professionals were always very supportive.
I enjoyed making a difference in people's lives, helping them find an opportunity that they loved getting up to go into everyday, I enjoyed producing and working as a partner to my peers to execute on the company's annual goals. I enjoyed working with my peers and making a positive impact whenever I had the opportunity to do so. – less
Review for TEKsystems
Engineer Customer Support Team Lead (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 6, 2014
Although a good placement company, they are lacking in leadership and engineer advancement.
Professional IT Recruiter
Professional IT Recruiter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 1, 2014
Pros: career advancement, setting and accomplishing personal or professional goals, networking with various companies and people
Cons: work life balance to a point
•Sr. IT Recruiter primarily specialized in Network/ Systems Infrastructure and Communications screening and selection; Systems/Network Architecture/Engineering/NOC/Desktop/Service Desk/ Project Management/ Directors/leadership roles/Technical Support/ Remote Support/Field Technicians and/or Telecommunications to align the top IT Talent to align with – more... ongoing career opportunities. Daily duties included;
o Developing effective and innovative recruiting strategies for attracting and sourcing high quality technical candidates for client companies.
o Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of candidates following a thorough screening and interview process to accomplish the following; negotiate wages, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates
o Oversee pre-employment steps including reference checks, onboarding paperwork, coordinating scheduling/start dates and completion of background/drug tests
o Build, manage and maintain relationships with the contract employees during and after each assignment
o Responsible for redeploying Technical Professionals before contract end dates
o Schedule and/or complete on boarding and new hire paperwork
o Interacted with TEKsystems Account Managers to reviewing top accounts and target skill sets to provide successful delivery and revenue
o Communicate effectively with others in order to create a productive and diverse environment
o Maintain relationships with industry contacts to gain industry knowledge and get referrals
o Provided local market analytics, timely feedback Pre-interview preparation and post-interview follow-up and assisted with resume building for Technical Professionals.
o Set professional and personal goals for self and with the team to hold accountability and/or be held accountable to drive peers, set positive work environment, motivate others to set up for success.
o Forming strategic partnerships with senior management to determine staffing needs.
o Participating in weekly recruitment meetings, conference calls, focusing on troubleshooting difficult positions and managing client issues
o Responsible for closures of technical professionals into both contract and permanent employment opportunities
o Assisted in negotiating, reviewing and Executing of rates on W2/1099/ contracts, customer agreements or Bill Rates with Vendors and Clients. – less

About TEKsystems

Ranked #1 in the industry by IT Services Business Report for ten consecutive years, TEKsystems is a flagship company of Allegis – Read more

TEKsystems Photos