TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The company had it favorites
Desktop support Technician (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDNovember 19, 2014
I got let go of the job because it was a contractor and they had favorites
Friendly recuiter
Sr IT Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Windsor CTNovember 16, 2014
Pros: low pay, no medical
Cons: friendly recruiters
Good company, low pay compared to industry.
Starter for new IT School graduates
Great front office team. Company built on building relationships across different funtional areas
Special Biller (Former Employee), Hanover, MDNovember 14, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, relationships, close to the mall
Cons: management, oppurtunites for advancement
A typical week included audits, client phone calls, meetings on what was happening with escalated accounts, team building meetings and developmental meetings. I have expanded my knowledge with outlook, excel, and Adobe Suite. Management looks for "A" players on the team to promote faster than usual time frames. Co-workers become your second family; – more... you are with them for 9 to 10 hours in a day. The most enjoyable part of working here are the relationships that you begin to build. The hardest part of this job was having meetings that would be unproductive causing later days of work. – less
TekSystems does care about their contractors
Technician (Former Employee), NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: exposure to various technologies
Cons: zero contractor support or communication
TekSystems does not help in any way for the livelihood of their contractors. Have been on several projects and during these jobs, I have not once been contacted by any representative of TekSystems to see how the job was going, whether I had any concerns or would like to discuss opportunities after the contracts were to expire. I was on one particular – more... project where there was an unlimited amount of earning potential through over time. Well, that didn't last simply because TekSystems did not follow through with contacting their client to see what chat had changed. And of course, again, there was no communication.
This company's contractor support seriously ends when they put a contractor on a project and TekSystems collects their paychecks...for doing Nothing! Many will not agree with what I said and TekSystems will probably soon follow up with a "Johnny come lately" tactic, which is fake. – less
Fun work environment, young management with little opportunity of advancement
Business Operations Associate (Current Employee), Hanover, MDNovember 11, 2014
• Responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service to external customers as well as corporate and field office employees
• Manage total accounts receivable in excess of 4.5 million
• Manage customer accounts including invoicing, purchase order tracking, and supporting clients to ensure account resolution
• Assist management with account – more... specific decisions
• Serve as support liaison for field offices
• Audit accounts to ensure accurate billing and client specific information
-I formed great relationships with my co-workers who served as friends and a support system
-The most difficult of the job was learning the various technical tasks required in the role
-The most enjoyable part of the job was the motivating challenge and my peers – less
Excellent place to work
Contractor (Former Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 10, 2014
Excellent place to work. TEKsystems work diligently trying to place you for employemnt
Great Environment
Scanning Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 10, 2014
Pros: could set my own schedule, really nice employees
Cons: no cons
I was placed with Black Hills Energy. A typical day was just to check my email in the morning then to start scanning and matching until I went home for the day. Everyone I had contact with at Black Hills were really nice and made me feel welcome.
ok
PC Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 9, 2014
Pros: low pay
Cons: little work
Does not pay well. Only a subcontractor so work is far and few and pay good employees very little.
Overall good experience
Scanning Specialist (Former Employee), Fountain, ColoradoNovember 6, 2014
My typical day was spent in an office scanning gas cards. I learned more about Excel, Access, and Outlook. Management was very friendly. My coworkers were nice and outgoing. The hardest part was researching addresses and customers. The most enjoyable was my coworkers.
Easy to work with
Business Analyst - Guidewire PolicyCenter (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 6, 2014
They are easy to work with, very helpful and flexible in rates. They are always ready to guide you even at client location.
Great atmosphere and fun people to work with
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work is answering phone calls and resolving issues from emails and ticketing system. I've learned how to be a great multi-tasker and also work well with others to complete projects. Management is great because there is no micro-managers. My co-workers are fun people and also very skilled at what they do. The most enjoyable part of my – more... job is having the freedom to work in your department and give great suggestions and they are recognized. – less
Challenging work environment with great growth potential
Account Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTNovember 5, 2014
On a daily business I meet with the recruiters in the office and game plan on where we are going to source candidates for the various positions in the office.
Good Company
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 4, 2014
Overall a good experience. Company has changed over the last several years with a change in focus
Professional envoirnment
System Administrator (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 3, 2014
Server administration.

Good place to work and grow into a career.
Great recruiting team - 1 project after another - minimal downtime
Technical Contractor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
Lead recruiter matched me up with appropriate opportunities. I was able to work one project after another for them with minimal downtime
Exciting Changing Software
Business/Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 2, 2014
1. Tested and resolved software defects prior to release
2. Documented requirements and functional design to meet and exceed client expectations
3. Implemented Penta Business Analytics software to make it a successful deliverable to customers
4. Managed software upgrades by working with software partners and developers for improving performance and – more... enhancements
5. Trained customers on Business Analytics software and created software end-user documentation
6. Implemented SAP Sales & Distribution on strict project timeline for a successful go-live
7. Business Process modeling documentation on current and future business systems – less
Work Hard, Learn, and Grow
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good training, very business focused
Cons: pressured into finding a passion when you might not be interested in it staffing
TEKsystems provides a great deal of training and opportunity as soon as a new employee starts their role. Ultimately, everyone starts out as a recruiter so that after going into another role (account management) you can teach and mentor the new employees the correct way to recruit.

This role is not for everyone though, and often times individuals have – more... a passion for different aspects of the job. You may find that you do not have a passion for anything in IT Staffing.

Overall, great company to work for. – less
Great place to work for and terrific staff.
Desktop Installation Technician (Current Employee), Loma Linda, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: understanding staff, concerned for your needs
I have had the best experience with TEKsystems over the last 2 years and would like to thank my recruiter and the rest of the staff that has really helped me and other co-workers get started and succeed in our careers. They really want to put you in a place that will benefit you and that will provide a stable and long-term working environment. I have – more... Teksystems to thank for my young I.T. career. – less
MS SCOM to HPOM Migration Project
Network Management Specialist (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low hourly rate
I worked for Hewlett-Packard in their Downers Grove IL Office in June 2014. There wasn't any ES Team members present where I was sitting on the 7th floor. My hours were basically 6:30am to 4:00pm. The people sitting around me were friendly. I was asked at various times to do project management for the project I was working on.
Productive and fun place to work
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 21, 2014
We would deploy 100-150 laptops a night using the network, some using pxe

About TEKsystems

TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America – Read more