TEKsystems Employee Review

Reasonable Recruiters
Contract Position - Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 November 2013
I had hired people through TEK Systems as an employer in another state prior to relocating to Arizona and reaching out to them as an employee. In both states and in both capacities, the people I have interfaced with at TEK Systems have shown integrity in their work and have been pleasant to work with.

As an employer, I have found they can save a lot time and hassle narrowing down pools of candidates to only those likely to be a good fit both from a technical and cultural point of view.

As an employee, I have found them to be helpful in building my professional network in a new area and providing me with reasonably good contracting opportunities along the way.
Pros
Integrity
Cons
Contracting

Other TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Good place to learn
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC15 October 2017
Disclaimer: I work in the Montreal office.
The Montreal office is a development shop, as opposed to the rest of TEKsystems where the company is rather a recruitment firm.

Typical day at work:
One agile team per project (Project Manager, Business Analyst, Architect, Team Lead, Developers & QAs)

What to learn:
* The very knowledgeable lead architect is always striving to better ourselves by spending an hour per week on discussing many technical topics.
* Formations are given to learn about the different phases of an Agile project (inception, sizing, story writing, etc.)

Workplace culture:
People are helping each other out, as much as they can - which is awesome!

All in all, a very good company to work for (again, specific to the Montreal office), however....
The downside: the salary increase does not compete enough with what the market has to offer, and thus TEKsystems has a hard time keeping the good players in.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
yearly salary increase are mediocres
Part time work as IT support
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 June 2017
Great place to part time work. I never had full time with TEKsystems but they were amazing services and a great place to work.

Typical day was arrive early, get let in by security and get escorted to the place we needed to be working

Lead by a team lead and we were showed exactly how they wanted the work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.