TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Good
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 2, 2016
It is a good job to start at after graduating. If you work really hard, you can get good money. The people you work with are really nice and is always there to help you
Focused on attracting, sourcing and selecting top IT professionals for organizations on a daily basis
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2015
Excellent environment to learn the core drivers to successful hiring and management for organization. Success is always defined by client success
Get ready for LONG HOURS
recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
Very little guidance, quick turnover, low pay and long hours. If you are not the first to show up and the last to leave, get ready for the comments and criticism to come flooding in.

Sales environment that turns quite political, if you are not drinking the kool-aid then expect to be seen/treated like an outsider. Can be a great opportunity to grow a network and learn the in's out out's of sales.

Management is unorganized yet expects unrealistic expectations from you.
Team culture
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 19, 2015
Made 100 cold calls a day to prospective consultants, developed and maintained existing network. Company emphasis on teamwork, and support. Great people to work with.
Cons
very political and tense environment
Technical Recruiter- Healthcare Services (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 8, 2015
TEKsystems has a lot of potential but lacks in a few places. the environment is extremely political and not the most collaborative place to work.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
work life balance
Terrible place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  BurnabyJuly 26, 2015
I Joined Tek as part of their EA recruitment, they basically wasted my time.
Paying me was such a tough issue to solve, benefits were a joke compared to similar roles elsewhere
After my contract was ended it took me two days to find a better paying job without their help.
A reignititing of the possibility for a career.
Temporary Scanning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJuly 7, 2015
Loved my experience. Met old friends made new ones. Felt like something I wanted to be a part of. Black Hills Energy is a professional but very friendly place.
Management always made time to check in with me even though only temp. Have been back to visit.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Only a tempary job.
proactive and nice company
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2014
learn new IT skills , certification ISTQB , which leads me better jobs in future
Don't expect to get paid on time...
Contract Tech (Former Employee) –  Ontario/LondonJuly 9, 2014
Great group of people to work for, until the time comes for them to actually pay you. Without getting into too many details, I was given the run around for nearly 3 weeks while they tried to figure out an issue on their end.

I am not the only one this has happened too, either. My manager indicated to me this happens with alarming regularity and that many of the other contract workers simply "accept it".
Pros
they work hard to get you placed, find rides, etc
Cons
like pulling teeth to get paid.
Very hit and miss.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
This role, industry, and company were not for me. That being said, it may be a great fit for some people. They target young kids, out of school, and promise great potential compensation. They don't lie about it or anything, but you have to work very hard, have some luck, and be matched with the right people to be successful. A lot of work, they expect you to be tight knit, and spend tons of time together. Annoyingly type-a at times. Overall, you will either love or hate this, and the turnover reflects that.
Pros
good people.
Cons
work/life.
Great place to work at
Application Monitoring (Former Employee) –  Montreal QCFebruary 11, 2014
TEKsystems was voted in the top 100 companies to work for 2 years straight. They take car of their customer as well as their employees. I worked 5 years at TEKsystems and I would go back to work their again.
Not a company to work for
Client Field Technical Services Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2014
As a contractor you have no job security nor any incentive to stay with them, their client can get rid of you at any moment and they won't make any effort place you in any other available position, your disposable as used toilet paper
Pros
don't have any
Cons
waste of time
Great work place
Device Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 8, 2013
Recruiters are very helpful and invested in your success.
Overall good team of people to work with
WASTE OF TIME
na (Former Employee) –  mississauga ontMarch 1, 2012
Don't waste your time with this recruiter, they will call you for a interview and you will go out of your way to travel to there location for a interview and wait for a call forever!!
Cons
they just collect resume and waste your time.
Documentaliste
Documentaliste (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 27, 2014
Bon environnement de travail
Tous les moyens de travail ont été mis à ma disposition