TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
proactive and nice company
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2014
learn new IT skills , certification ISTQB , which leads me better jobs in future
Don't expect to get paid on time...
Contract Tech (Former Employee), Ontario/LondonJuly 9, 2014
Pros: they work hard to get you placed, find rides, etc
Cons: like pulling teeth to get paid.
Great group of people to work for, until the time comes for them to actually pay you. Without getting into too many details, I was given the run around for nearly 3 weeks while they tried to figure out an issue on their end.

I am not the only one this has happened too, either. My manager indicated to me this happens with alarming regularity and that many of the other contract workers simply "accept it".
Very hit and miss.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: good people.
Cons: work/life.
This role, industry, and company were not for me. That being said, it may be a great fit for some people. They target young kids, out of school, and promise great potential compensation. They don't lie about it or anything, but you have to work very hard, have some luck, and be matched with the right people to be successful. A lot of work, they expect you to be tight knit, and spend tons of time together. Annoyingly type-a at times. Overall, you will either love or hate this, and the turnover reflects that.
Great place to work at
Application Monitoring (Former Employee), Montreal QCFebruary 11, 2014
TEKsystems was voted in the top 100 companies to work for 2 years straight. They take car of their customer as well as their employees. I worked 5 years at TEKsystems and I would go back to work their again.
Not a company to work for
Client Field Technical Services Sr. Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: don't have any
Cons: waste of time
As a contractor you have no job security nor any incentive to stay with them, their client can get rid of you at any moment and they won't make any effort place you in any other available position, your disposable as used toilet paper
Great work place
Device Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 8, 2013
Recruiters are very helpful and invested in your success.
Overall good team of people to work with
WASTE OF TIME
na (Former Employee), mississauga ontMarch 1, 2012
Cons: they just collect resume and waste your time.
Don't waste your time with this recruiter, they will call you for a interview and you will go out of your way to travel to there location for a interview and wait for a call forever!!
Cold calling potential leads for open job requirements
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fast paced, interesting people
Spent a lot of time on the phone sourcing potential candidates for open positions within various companies. If their qualifications were outstanding I would meet with them face to face and begin putting them through our process that would allow for them to interview for positions.
A recruiting clique
Senior Technology Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2015
The way your TekSystem recruiter gets paid is this: they negotiate an hourly rate with the company that needs contractors. Then they find potential employees whom the company then vets. The recruiter makes money on the difference between the hourly rate that you get and the hourly rate that was negotiated with the company. So it is in their interest to keep your hourly rate as low as possible. This means that your recruiter is, literally, your enemy.
Excellent company to work for!
Scanning Specialist (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 17, 2015
I have worked for other temp agencies (Remedy and Celebrity) who wanted me to call them every day when I was on my way to work, and again to let them know how the assignment was going...I felt like they were babysitting me! Working for TEKSystems has been a dream...they treated me like the adult that I am, and gave me the respect that I deserve.
As an Risk Management Analyst have the following responsibilities and functions: Mastery of BMS security risk assessment tools and question sets.
Risk Management Consultant at JPMorgan Chase (Former Employee), Princeton New JerseyJanuary 16, 2015
Conducts risk assessments on BMS high security risk applications. Understanding of application architectures (including web, client server, mobile & controls around cloud deployments). Responsibilities included vulnerability testing using web scanning tools like Webinspect and/or Appscan. Documents all residual risk; provides security risk advice; gets business approval for remaining residual risk. Prepared operational metrics, trend analysis, risk assessments reports for senior management. Developed understanding of the implementation and adherence to COBIT, HIPPA, PCI, Sarbanes–Oxley Requirements, Action Plans, Substantiations, and Compliance. Provided training and awareness; keeps OneBMS portal materials updated; perform training sessions as needed.

Executed dynamic risk-based assessment plans that identifies value-added recommendations to enhance Company processes and controls. Worked with a highly skilled team environment to secure U.S.-based operations, international company subsidiaries, strategic initiatives, critical business processes and key third-party outsourcing arrangements. Conducted pre-audit interviews included reviewing testing business processes and monitoring compliance with company policies, procedures, regulations (e.g., U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, interactions with healthcare professionals) and master services agreements. Strategic assessments include the Company’s social media programs, data privacy and sustainability reporting. Throughout the assessment, the Risk Manager responsible for interacting with senior management.
Contract house
Global Team Lead (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: a nice lunch from time to time and possible training.
Cons: contracts can be limiting
I have worked with Teksystems multiple times. It is a solid company that makes sure the people are paid and gives adequate opportunity training but like with all contract work you get what you negotiate.
Temp assignment
Excellent Co. (Former Employee), 2999 Qak Rd, Walnut Creek Ca.January 12, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: temp
The day consisted of an audit of construction billing at the contractor location, we would review charges and approve or change to the correct billing driver. After reviewing the actual work that was completed.
Wonderful carrier
Technical Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Stockton CAJanuary 8, 2015
best job ever. I am still working and I don't see myself stopping.
A different place for different people.
Project Coordinator/Jr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good relationship, quick hiring (great for starters)
Cons: pay
It depends a lot with who you end up. I can't say it's bad since I had a great person to work with.
Unfortunate lack of caring
IT Professional (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 1, 2015
Cons: lack of attention to workers
I have worked with this company in the past in Beaverton, OR. 9 years ago they were much more caring to their candidates. I have dealt with a couple of individuals there recently that could care less if you get a job with them or not. Horrible recruiters there to say the least. I certainly have no future plans of touching base with them again.
Excellent Service
Consultant - Sr. App Analyst - PACCAR (Current Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 28, 2014
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: a little lower pay than other companies, takes a little too long to start direct deposit
Finding a job may be the hardest work in the world, but Teksystems tries their best to make it pain free.

I have always had great experiences with Tek - from finding contracts to getting me in front of the hiring manager totally prepared
Great Company
Web Developer (Former Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 28, 2014
Great Company and wonderful place to work. A typical day involved meeting with the client and going over the requirements and the customers needs. I would backup the system and fix any code that would need to be fixed. The customer would then advise me of any other issue that needed to be addressed for the day.
Fast pased work invironment
Cable Technician (Former Employee), La Jolla, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: easy days
Cons: traveling up to six months at a time or more away from family
Traveling to various locations
Installation of telephony equipment and running of cable
Migration specialist
-Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 26, 2014
Pros: all good
Responsible for migrating critical departments like Surgery rooms and Central Sterile computers running Windows XP to Windows-7. Also responsible for configuring critical medical software SPM and any special software back, after the machine has been migrated. To migrate the machines from Window’s XP to Windodows-7, we used SCCM and .bat scripts to ensure the users backed up and restored data. This included creating the asset tracking number, next, assigning the client a hardware number and then sending the client to be prepared for staging for the build, in SCCM via the PXE boot process to the network. I was also responsible for the technical support and delivery of the client back to the domain, administering user accounts, password resets and the push of GPO via AD/active directory. I reported directly to the team leader.

Great! agency. Weekly paydays, Onsite payroll delivery by recruiters if necessary.. Contract term was fore filled.

1 2 3 4 5

About TEKsystems

TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America – Read more