TEKsystems Employee Review

Not The Same Company It Was When I Started in 2000
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CA28 December 2012
It was a great company full of wonderful opportunities, especially for an IT professional starting out in their career, but as the economy changed and the market out there became a "free-for-all" for employers, there were some folks in the company that seemed to forget that there was such a thing as the 13th Amendement out there and they treated me as if I was their personal property to do as they wished.
Pros
it was a good place to gain experience.
Cons
staffing professionals who treat you more like you are earning them a paycheck.

Other TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Good place to learn
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC15 October 2017
Disclaimer: I work in the Montreal office.
The Montreal office is a development shop, as opposed to the rest of TEKsystems where the company is rather a recruitment firm.

Typical day at work:
One agile team per project (Project Manager, Business Analyst, Architect, Team Lead, Developers & QAs)

What to learn:
* The very knowledgeable lead architect is always striving to better ourselves by spending an hour per week on discussing many technical topics.
* Formations are given to learn about the different phases of an Agile project (inception, sizing, story writing, etc.)

Workplace culture:
People are helping each other out, as much as they can - which is awesome!

All in all, a very good company to work for (again, specific to the Montreal office), however....
The downside: the salary increase does not compete enough with what the market has to offer, and thus TEKsystems has a hard time keeping the good players in.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
yearly salary increase are mediocres
Part time work as IT support
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 June 2017
Great place to part time work. I never had full time with TEKsystems but they were amazing services and a great place to work.

Typical day was arrive early, get let in by security and get escorted to the place we needed to be working

Lead by a team lead and we were showed exactly how they wanted the work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.