Title: Lead Software Developer- Back end
This fast growing enterprise organization based in Richmond is looking for a Lead Software Developer- Back end. This is a permanent position.Software Developers are encouraged to apply for this fantastic opportunity.
Do you want to work for a company from the Silicon Valley? How about for a firm that sits in the top 200 of all websites out there today? If so, then we are looking for an individual with strong technical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. In this role you will be exposed to (and expected to take advantage of) the exciting technical and business opportunities that our client offers.
As a member of our clients team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering life cycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through successful service roll out. You will play a major role in influencing the technical direction and work on the team while building a technically strong team. You will take a hands-on approach to the work being done on the team and be able to make an impact through leadership and individual contribution. The solutions you help to create will have significant impacts on our industry-leading web applications.
- Power the most popular web application and family of sites
- Lead technical design, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Contribute to guidelines and coding standards used for building reusable application components that are easy to maintain, troubleshoot, and test
- Document and communicates architecture, design, and tasks to team members
- Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Responsible for work breakdown and estimating timelines and resource needs
- Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
- Propose solutions/improvements based on latest industry innovation and trends
Things You Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 7-10+ years of hands-on coding experience developing complex, large scale software
- Proficiency in C# and .NET is required, proficiency in at least one other modern programming language would be an asset
- Deep knowledge of building high performance, reliable and scalable web services
- Solid experience of database systems, both Relational and NoSQL databases
It Would be Great if You Also Had:
- Development experience on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Effective technical leadership skills to deliver projects at high quality and on time
- Experience using SOLR or other search engines is an asset
- Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
- Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you believe you are a strong candidate for this opportunity please send a (.doc) format resume to the link above.(Email is anonymous for spam prevention.)
Only local candidates will be considered at this time.
About TEEMA Solutions Group Inc.
TEEMA Solutions Group (TEEMA) provides focused solutions to organizational challenges around project and staffing delivery. We are a consortium of senior technology professionals in recruiting and consulting that have partnered with numerous clients in our locations. At TEEMA, we’re passionate about finding you the right opportunity – one that drives and excites you. We are so committed to providing you with an optimum hiring experience that we’ve written it into our mission statement. Apply today and see the TEEMA difference for yourself. For more information on TEEMA visit us at www.teemagroup.com