Title: General Manager
This fast growing enterprise organization based in Vancouver is looking for a General Manager. This is a permanent position. Any General Managers are encouraged to apply for this fantastic opportunity.
Our global client is an urban event company, delivering thousands of events every year. They have recently been acquired by a complementary product company and are subsequently in high growth mode. They are establishing a Vancouver office and need to hire a GM to build the team and the operation.
They are looking for an operational GM who loves to implement and ensure continuous improvement. Reporting to the CEO, the GM will design and execute strategies to introduce hundreds of these events in urban centres. Your love of all things events as well as your deep planning and organization skills will augment your love of working in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for managing day to day business operations in addition to managing the delivery and planning of events by all staff coordinators.
- Analyze, measure and report on the success of events including quality, profitability, the satisfaction of customers as well as supporting team resources by ensuring that they can meet demand in a high volume environment
- Lead and act as a mentor to all delivery teams including customer service, event coordinators and sales teams
- Manage the financial aspects of the business including P&L, payroll, financial reporting, budgeting and controlling costs
- Organize and streamline operations, keeping them in line with this phase of fast growth
- In conjunction with HR, lead the hiring and retention of team members
- Create and act on new policies and programs that are aligned with the overall goals of the business
- Document all business processes and create manuals that cover both training and standard operating procedures
Things You Need to Have:
- At least 5 years of operations management experience in a similar role (preferably in the event management industry or with a strong knowledge of event management)
- You have demonstrated financial and business management skills (profit and loss responsibility, cost control, financial reporting and payroll)
- You have a track record of building teams and the exceptional leadership skills needed to develop and mentor your team
- The ability to put together a strategy and then execute on it
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt objectives to changing company priorities and situations, particularly in this growth phase, and a leadership mindset in all that you do
- A business degree (MBA an asset) and experience with a recognized business consulting firm would be ideal
If you believe you are a strong candidate for this opportunity please send a (.doc) format resume to the link above.(Email is anonymous for spam prevention.)
Only local candidates will be considered at this time.
About TEEMA Solutions Group Inc.
TEEMA Solutions Group (TEEMA) provides focused solutions to organizational challenges around project and staffing delivery. We are a consortium of senior technology professionals in recruiting and consulting that have partnered with numerous clients in our locations. At TEEMA, we’re passionate about finding you the right opportunity – one that drives and excites you. We are so committed to providing you with an optimum hiring experience that we’ve written it into our mission statement. Apply today and see the TEEMA difference for yourself. For more information on TEEMA visit us at www.teemagroup.com