Our client, a world leader in high quality and innovative products and services is seeking a new Supply Chain Planner. They are growing fast in a wide market, while maintaining a world-class culture, embracing innovation, passion and excellence. The Supply Chain Planner will be part of the Logistics team and responsible for purchasing and planning while working in a interesting and challenging logistics role and supporting the introduction of the companies next generation of wide-format products.
Things You Need to Have:
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive work experience in manufacturing operations, preferably within high-tech environment
- Proven competence with world class manufacturing techniques and processes, including MRP, JIT, Kanban
- Proficiency generating and working with spreadsheets
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal including pleasant telephone manner
- Top-notch interpersonal and teamwork skills with strong customer service orientation
- Detail oriented, procedural in work flow, strong aptitude for accuracy
- Superior organizational skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple, competing tasks in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Possess a strong can do attitude and take hands on approach to deliver superior results.
It would be great if you also had:
- Post-secondary diploma in operations management an asset
- APICS CPIM certification an asset
- Fundamental Purchasing course(s) an asset.
What you will be doing:
- Purchase and replenish materials and parts via MRP system
- Identify trends in kanban system and respond accordingly
- Monitor and maintain optimal inventory levels
- Provide recommendations concerning safety stocks, lead times and minimum order quantities
- Execute inbound delivery plan with Logistics and Production Planning
- Liaise with suppliers regarding delivery performance and inbound logistics and resolve discrepancies as required
- Identify inbound supply chain risk issues and recommend solutions to optimise processes
- Prepare supply chain reports
- Execute implementation of engineering changes with Master Planner and Senior Purchaser.