Responsible for the management and performance of the supply chain and logistics functions to deliver a world class, customer focussed operation, delivering high levels of on-shelf availability, while keeping stock levels and costs in line with budget / forecast. Manages the full end-to-end process, from the initial forecasting of demand, ordering, expediting the supply of product into the country, the warehouse operations, the quality of stock, the relationships with customs and the delivery of the product to the teams.
What you will be doing:
- Managing team of Supply Chain Planners, Logistics Assistants and Warehouse Manager.
- Liaise with other functions to ensure effective communication and coordination of cross functional areas.
- Collect, review and analyze information regarding strategies, plans, policies and procedures based on operational analysis to maximize current operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team through coaching, supporting and developing direct reports, establishing annual performance objectives, conducting performance assessments, and identifying opportunities for skill development.
- Ensures all employment-related standards, programs and procedures, including health and safety, are in place and adhered to in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the physical inventory.
- Develop new methods for improving inventory accuracy and methods for training warehouse staff on best practices for operation.
- Ensure that strategic operational plans are developed and implemented
- Establish, monitor and manage all processes; including product classification for movement of products ensuring movement of all products is custom’s compliant.
Things you need to have:
- 5 years of Supply Chain and Logistics Management experience.
- Post secondary education in Supply Chain Management and/or Logistics.
- 3 years of Supervisory/Management experience.
- Customs (Tariff Classification, Duties, Taxes) experience.
- Strong Leadership and Teamwork skills.
- Excellent Planning and Organization skills.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Strong Computer skills, especially with Excel.
It would also be nice if you had:
- Retail Supply Chain Management experience
- 3 years of Warehouse Management experience
- Supply Chain and/or Logistics Industry certifications / accreditations
- SAP experience
If interested please email your resume (in WORD format) and ensure your subject line reads exactly as follows: "Application for SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS MANAGER"