Title: Sr Contract & Sourcing Specialist
Overview: This individual will develop, analyze, negotiate and administer services or materials contracts in accordance with our clients business practices. They will take a lead role in the competitive bid process, including RFP development, supplier evaluation and selection, contract negotiation and award. This individual will be responsible for the development and execution of best practice sourcing and contracting strategies and initiatives. This position provides an opportunity for the incumbent to be part of a new and exciting team that is expanding their service offering and delivering increased value to the business. NOTE: there are 2 vacancies available.
Things you need to have:
- University degree or College diploma in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance or other related disciplines
- Certifications such as Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) preferred
- Minimum of 7 years related experience, 10 or more years preferred
- Work experience demonstrates competency and increasing level of responsibility in strategic sourcing
- Experience in contract development and understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Demonstrated ability in developing and leading sourcing and negotiation strategies
- Cross functional leadership and team development skills
- Strong computer skills including experience with SAP an asset
- Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks
- Proven track record of good performance and attendance
It would be nice if you also had:
What you will be doing:
Conduct market and industry research and spend analysis. Develop sourcing strategies to align with the corporate strategic goals and objectives. Conduct competitive bid processes, supplier evaluations and contract negotiations.
Create, manage and maintain contracts for materials and services. Be a subject matter expert on the company’s contracting processes and systems. Understand commercial, legal and risk and provide advice to the business. Manage contract changes, amendments and dispute resolution.
Establish cross functional collaboration teams and lead the business units and the rest of the procurement team in areas of sourcing and contracting. Act as a subject matter expert in contracts and sourcing.
Supplier Relationship Management
Monitor supplier performance and manage deliverables. Engage and communicate effectively with company departments and suppliers to understand the business and achieve continuous improvement in the procurement of materials and services.
Process / Governance
Ensure compliance to company contracting and procurement processes, procedures and policies.
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com