Responsible for the full payroll cycle, including managing and preparing payroll, completing reports, maintaining accurate records, coordinating employee benefits, pension, union dues and rrsp contributions
Things you need to have:
- CPA Certification
- Minimum 4 years full payroll cycle experience
- Self-sufficient, confident self-starter that can work independently with little direction
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and planning
- Strong communication and team skills to align and implement policies between offices
It would be great if you also have:
- Navision ERP experience
- Payroll experience in a union environment
- Tech Industry experience
What you will be doing:
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, savings deductions, job titles, and department transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, union deductions, rrsp contributions, leave, disability, benefits and non taxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of all provincial and federal taxes, unemployment insurance, Canadian pension plan, union dues and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies in a timely manner
- Provides payroll information to employees by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Align policies and payroll structure between different national and international offices
- Advises management on actions needed to comply with any federal or provincial employment payroll changes
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Works with Scheduling team to ensure employees payroll satisfaction
- Contributing to the HR team with ideas on policies and system integration
If interested please email your resume (in WORD format) and ensure your subject line reads exactly as follows: "Application for PAYROLL AND BENEFITS MANAGER"
Indeed - 23 months ago