Our client, a Fortune 100 Financial Institution is undertaking a major IT renewal project, rewriting core platforms and applications, requiring developers, integration and systems engineers. We are offering 12 month contracts on this huge, global project for motivated, independent contract specialists with core expertise in UNIX/Linux environments and Perl/Shell scripting and C++ knowledge an asset.
With multiple related positions, you will considered for all suitable roles, here is but one example:
This is an opportunity to work on a high profile trading system that executes a significant amount of flow for the firm. The opening is for an Integration Engineer, responsible for managing the production environment, and some Perl / Shell scripting. This is a high-throughput, real-time trading system responsible for trading stocks and ETFs. The position includes designing new trading functionality, managing the production plant, deploying upgrades to the system, troubleshooting problems, interfacing with our traders, etc. The system is comprised of C++ applications running on Linux, with C# and Java trading front ends that run on our user's desktops. We work in a team environment, so we need someone who can share ideas and express themselves well.
Things you need to have:
- strong UNIX / Linux skills, the majority of the system runs on Linux
- scripting (Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Database (SQL, DB design, etc.)
- strong interpersonal skills, we need someone who interacts well with the team as well as the users
- you need to be able to handle pressure and think quickly on your feet. We have tight deadlines, and production problems need to be debugged and fixed quickly.
- the desire to learn!
It would be nice if you had:
- equity trading application experience
- FIX protocol
- basic understanding of equity market structure and regulatory rules
- C++ or other coding experience
Apply now. You wil receive a reply within 24 hours notice.