Our client is looking bring on board 8 to 10 Field Contract Specialists on a contract basis. Geographic locations vary between Alberta to Ontario. The initial term will be for 1 year and the project is expected to be considerably longer.
Home base locations vary but include Edmonton to Manitoba, and Southwest Ontario
- Coordinates execution of major Construction Contracts to ensure project schedules and budgets are maintained
- Responsible for the post award Contract management and administration, including but not limited to:
Responsible for all field Change Management
Issuance of Official Correspondence
Chairperson for all progress and Contractor meetings
Claims Management: identification of risks and potential Claims
- Ensures compliance with all company processes and procedures.
- Collaborates with the construction and engineering teams to ensure effective management of the Construction Contracts.
- Supports the Contracts Supervisor in reporting contract costs, construction progress, risks and opportunities
- Supports other members of the Project Supply Chain Management (SCM) Team to provide overlap/coverage as required.
- Works with Project Execution Teams – Engineering, Construction, Cost Controls, Inspections, Legal groups with respect to Change Management and Claims
- Additional responsibilities as may be required within the SCM Contracts Team
- Responsible for all Contract Administration activities required after award of Construction type contracts. Contracts typically range from approx.$1MM to $30MM each. Disciplines of services include civil, piling, mechanical, electrical, tanks, painting and general construction.
- Supports the Contracts Supervisor in reporting contract costs, construction progress, risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Leads all Claims Management activities along with coordination and support from Engineering, Construction, Cost Controls, Inspections and Legal
- Interacts with:
Construction contractors on a daily basis
Construction Management on a daily basis
Supply Chain Management on a weekly basis
Law, Insurance, Tax and other internal departments for review of contract terms and conditions, as required
- Combination office and field environment
- Visit site area with Construction team
- Occasional trips to home office locations for training or other Supply Chain meetings
- Minimum 10 years of experience with Construction Contracts in a project environment
- Hands-on experience with Field Contracts Administration
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with diverse groups (both technical and non-technical) and individual personalities (management, project teams, operations, stakeholders, customers, vendors, contractors)
- Ability to influence events and to be assertive as required to obtain the best overall value for the Company
- Strong planning, organizing, problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills, supplemented with a practical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment but can also work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Indeed - 13 months ago
The TEEMA Difference. At TEEMA, we’re focused on providing Staffing and Technology Solutions that achieve targeted results....