TEEMA Solutions Group is a leading staffing and technology company in North America. We are currently hiring a Desktop Support Specialist for our client in Vancouver, BC. If you feel you meet the requirements of the job description below, please apply via email with your updated resume and a cover letter highlighting your strengths and why you are a good fit for this position.
We are looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to join our client to cover a 13-month maternity leave with the possibility of extension.
Things you need to have:
You are a team player who not only works well within your own team but also knows how to work collaboratively and effectively within cross-functional teams. You like to deal with many projects at the same time and being a multi-tasker. You are a natural problem solver with excellent analytical skills. You come with a solid telecomm background with superior verbal and written communication skills. Desktop Support Specialist should be very customer service centric and committed to building solid relationships.
In addition, you also possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft desktop application suite
- Experience with Windows Server update services
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a directly related position.
- Previous experience working with help desk systems
- Working knowledge of Sophos Anti-Virus, virtual desktop
- Vantive\PeopleSoft an asset.
- Analytical mindset with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively translate technical information and procedures to end-users
- Previous Telecom experience preferred
What you will be doing:
- As the Desktop Support Specialist, you will provide end user support and function as liaison between end users, telecom vendors and operations staff to resolve, escalate and ensure problem reports are closed within the resolution timeframes. In addition, you will be accountable for the following.
- Provide local client workstation and VPN technical support including domain, e-mail account & group policy administration and assist with all releases to the client workstations following the completion of enterprise project work.
- Manage virtual PC infrastructure used by our outsourced call center.
- Maintain and administer anti-virus and Windows patching including ad hoc reporting as required.
- Support and manage the printer and backup infrastructures.
- Support local and remote Mac workstations including those running VMware Fusion.
- Log, action and close on trouble tickets while maintaining effective troubleshooting documentation and communicating updates to the rest of the team.
- Manage wireless mobile accounts including monthly invoice review and hardware upgrades, audio/visual and teleconferencing devices, software, and physical assets including license keys, workstations, accessories, etc.
- Troubleshoot and or clarify office communication systems issues for internal staff.
- Initiate, maintain and execute projects/requests in an accurate and timely fashion and provide input and feedback on the continuous improvement of internal systems, processes, and documentation.
- Responsible for all audio/visual needs in meeting rooms including hardware and software (e.g. Skype, Google Hangout)
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in the Canada.
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
Indeed - 19 months ago