Administrative Assistant – Fort McMurray Branch
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of company administration in a fast paced environment. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, greeting and orientating visitors, answering and referring inbound telephone calls, invoicing, mail and lite courier shipping duties, accounts payable data entry, payroll data entry, and scheduling appointments and hotel reservations.
- Customer Focus
- Cheerful Demeanour
- Energy & Stress in Fluid Environment
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Meeting Deadlines
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Knowledge
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, customers, and other parties.
- Weekly payroll data entry duties under tight deadlines.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- Data Entry in JD Edwards AP system, copying and forwarding to Head Office
- Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written messages for staff members.
- Type forms, letters, reports, spreadsheets, and memos as necessary.
- Receive and distribute all forms of paper correspondence.
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Ensure that the appropriate evacuation procedures are carried out in the event of an emergency.
- Observe and report any security issues to the Manager.
- Arrange travel bookings for various staff.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Maintain the reception/office in a tidy and presentable manner.
- Accept and monitor inbound shipments as necessary.
- Various duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of direct work experience in an Administrative Assistant capacity
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Accurate typing skills.
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- General mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous records maintenance and data entry skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization including field personnel and the executive team.
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 25 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Successful candidate will love challenges and have a 'can-do' attitude with a strong ability to communicate well with both field and corporate personnel.
Posting will remain open until successful candidate is hired.