Job Opening – Systems Engineer at TDCNet
TDCNet is looked for a talented and motivated IT professional to join our team as a Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to quickly advance their career by working on challenging server/network installations and advanced systems administration at a variety of different business client sites.
TDCNet is a computer and network support company specializing in preventing problems for businesses with more than 15 employees. We understand technology so our clients don’t have to.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for working with the TDCNet team to execute project-based installs, migrations and configuration changes at our client sites to bring them up to best practices and prevent technical issues. They will also be responsible for 3rd level escalations of more challenging support issues.
We are looking for someone with at least 5-6 years of IT experience with Microsoft-based computer networks and significant experience doing new server, Exchange, line of business and firewall installations. We would prefer someone with experience at an IT service company, preferably serving the small business (less than 100 employees) market.
Candidates should have installation/migration/systems administration experience with the following:
- Active Directory in Windows Server 2008/12 and Small Business Server 2008 and 2011;
- Exchange 2007 and 2010;
- A remote monitoring and management (RMM) system, Level Platforms experience preferred;
- A professional services automation (PSA) system, ConnectWise experience preferred;
- Integration of mobile platforms (iOs, Android, Blackberry) into Windows-based networks;
- Integration of Mac computers and operating systems into Windows-based networks
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP;
- Cisco routing and switching;
- Desktop migrations and support;
- Physical network wiring and setup (crimping, patch panels, racks, etc.).
Those candidates who demonstrate they have strong experience in at least most of the areas outlined above will be invited for interviews. Please list your relevant certifications in your application.
Here’s what our work environment offers:
- A place where all our technical support people get the chance to work on a variety of projects and issues.
- The opportunity to learn and use our industry-leading remote monitoring and management platform;
- Needed training from our vendor partners including Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, ITIL, and VMWare, and the opportunity to get certified in areas of their choosing at our expense (plus a catalogue of over 1,000 training courses to upgrade your skills);
- Competitive remuneration, a performance-based bonus plan, and a full benefits package;
- Opportunity to work with a team of people who are the best when it comes to supporting small business computer networks.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing how your experience meets the criteria listed and your resume to Brendan Howe, President and CEO.