Help Desk Internship Opportunity at TDCNet
We are looking for someone who can fix computer problems in our Lab or by phone with clients and make things run right again.
As part of TDCNet’s ongoing internship program, we’re looking for a motivated person to join our Help Desk team. This is a position with extensive opportunity for training and potential for a future job within our company.
We’re looking for a great communicator and hard worker who has strong desktop troubleshooting skills and a desire to learn.
The position will include the following:
- Performing lab work on computers that are new or need repairs.
- Taking telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing hardware, software or network problems;
- Remotely accessing client workstations to perform regular maintenance and fix issues that arise;
- Providing remote support for Microsoft operating systems and programs as well other common small business applications;
- Providing troubleshooting and support for internet connectivity and email issues.
Required skill set and Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptionally positive attitude and communication skills for working with both an IT team and Executives
- Experience supporting MS Windows 7 and Apple OS X
- Knowledgeable on MS Office Suite
- Strong documentation skills
- Post-Secondary Diploma or degree in IT.
- Hands-on troubleshooting and support experience
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical audience
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also function as a part of the team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take initiative
TDCNet is a computer and network support company specializing in preventing or fixing IT problems for businesses with more than 15 employees. We understand technology so our clients don't have to.
Here's what our work environment offers:
- A place where all our team get the chance to work on a variety of projects and issues.
- The opportunity to learn and use our industry-leading remote monitoring and management platform;
- Needed training from our vendor partners including Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, ITIL, and VMWare, and the opportunity to get certified in areas of their choosing at our expense (plus a catalogue of over 1,000 training courses to upgrade your skills);
- Competitive remuneration, a performance-based bonus plan, and a full benefits package for full time employees;
- Opportunity to work with a team of people who are the best when it comes to supporting small business computer networks.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume and refer “Internship” in subject line.
TDCNet is a computer and network support company specializing in preventing or fixing IT problems for businesses with more than 15...