Our client is looking for a Senior Java Developer.
This person must have the following key skills:
- Good knowledge of the software development process:
- Full understanding of the SDLC
- Experience in the testing and deployment phases of the development process
- Must have a good understanding of either java - jvm tuning experience or .Net runtime.
- Must have worked with an automated application monitoring environment before
- 5+ years experience working in a financial services environment
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable communicating across teams, to front office and operations staff, and to very senior managers on both the technology and business side.
- Willingness to dive in and be hands on on a frequent basis.
- The ability to influence outside the area of assigned formal authority; consequently the person should be diplomatic and exhibit cultural and political awareness.
- Good stakeholder management through both formal and informal means
Additionally this individual will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong and clear communication skills
- Team leadership
- Ability to collaborate and work with multiple stakeholders at the same time from different areas of the bank, both wholesale and retail
- Ability to build a culture of respect
- Proven track record of being an effective change agent
- Proven track record of problem solving and the ability to drive resolutions through to final result.
- History of leading cross line of business virtual teams in the delivery of complex artifacts.
- Experience working within a federated control model
Develop and host web enabled and database driven applications in Java. Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver solutions. Design and develop quality solutions for systems issues consistent with project objectives. Develop, implement and maintain solutions that maximize system availability. Periodic scope assistance Oversee other developers. Troubleshoot coding issues. Ensure coding continuity. A vacancy exists for a senior developer to join the team in the delivery and development of this project and to eventually contribute to future enhancement, support and maintenance post-delivery. Prime responsibility will be to develop detailed design specifications, create and review code and assess impact on other applications. Role will work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities.
Key accountabilities are:
- Responsible for leading technical aspects of project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions. Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions. Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution.
- Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting.
- Configuration management for the sub projects within the release.
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments. May lead code reviews.
- Work closely with System Test Environment Management Team (STEMT) to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
- Participate in development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code).
- Provide technical support to business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution.
- Data set up and environment shake down.
- Knowledge transfer within group.
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full time staff upon completion of contract term.
We thank all applicants however only those who qualify will be contacted.