The DCTS Online group is seeking an experienced IT Specialist (Solution Designer) with IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management (WODM) knowledge to join our team, providing Technical Design and Leadership expertise for a number of applications that our group is managing. This role also entails involvement in project planning, preliminary design/estimations, overall design & implementation, process improvements, and training/mentoring as necessary.
- Overall accountability for the delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS) and responsible for developing the Component Design section and the detailed design of applications of the SDS.
- In conjunction with the Solution Architect, assist the Application Owner and Application Manager by providing effort estimates for new projects and initiatives
- Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to assess current capabilities, understand high-level business requirements and apply technical background/understanding in the development of System Requirements Specification (SRS) documents
- Work with Developers to ensure that the detailed technical design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with the intended design and standards
- Lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end solution and coordinate with Solution Architects and other Solution Designers, as required
- Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC), project management methodology (PMLC), business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity - including development of project documentation of system requirements, estimates of scope and cost, etc.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components and has traceability to business requirements and ensure new modules are designed with reusability as a key requirement
- Fully understand the capabilities and limitations of the technical environments that come with any packaged software used by the project
- Ensure adherence to all quality management plans and standards by participating in quality management reviews, Operational Readiness Reviews, and supporting gating and review sign-offs for solution design
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards
- Communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
- Advise and provide expert knowledge on the technical feasibility of the proposed deliverables and technical leadership during the life of a project / initiative
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution design/delivery
- Design, review, and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements
- Identify and address application and data issues and cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity
- Provide technical support for escalated incidents/outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently with minimal impact to stakeholders
- Work with the Technology Project Manager, Technology Business Analysts, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application
- Provide input into the Application Deployment Plan
- Monitor product lifecycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, undertaking re-design, as required
- Assist in the identification of opportunities to minimize cost, provide recommendations and/or deliver corresponding strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and to enhance stakeholder experience. This may include: evaluation of tools and utilities that boost productivity, refactoring / redesign of existing modules for performance and scalability, or process improvements
- Follow defined standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and applicable Business Recovery Plans (BRP)
- Support Knowledge Management processes for LOB / portfolio and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed
- Coordinate / facilitate training and communication of key knowledge assets with all required SMEs
- May develop and/or contribute to negotiations of vendor contracts/agreements
- Experience developing WebSphere Operational Decision Management (WODM) applications.
- 5+ years of software/application design and development experience
- JAVA, J2EE (servlet, JSP, JSF), XML (JAXP, JAXB) and other related distributed technologies
- Experience with Web Services
- Working knowledge of Websphere Application Server
- DBMS knowledge in DB2 and Oracle
- Works independently and/or autonomously on a diverse range of tasks and is relied upon to coach/ educate others
- Ability to act as a lead technical development expert and subject matter expert for a business application and/or a specific technology
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
Indeed - 16 months ago
TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number...