Report Location: London
Department overview: The Retail Risk Management Technology team within CSTS is responsible for delivering projects, small enhancements and providing technology support to the RRM and RRVA lines of business.
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology -
Job Description: We are seeking an energetic and experienced Technology Business Analyst to join the team. Work will consist of liaising with our business partners to define business and technical requirements as well as participating in other project, small enhancement and support activities as needed with regards to our applications (ELM/RRM).
Job Requirements: The accountabilities for the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partner with all Business and Technology teams, eliciting business and functional requirements for projects as well as small enhancements to support a full Retail Risk solution
- Lead and own the requirement gathering, analysis and management, resulting in the creation of the SRS and accompanying deliverables, working closely with Technology partners and business project teams, ensuring requirement deliverables meet quality criteria and support a cohesive end-to-end solution
- Facilitate discussions amongst the multiple business and technology teams to continue to support collaborative and seamless partnerships
- Contribute to project estimates for all requests based on scope and/or requirements
- Prepare technology responses to business concepts, in collaboration with IT Solution Designers, Architects and Technology Project Managers.
- Contribute to the development of project plans by providing input to project charters, project deliverables, cost/benefits analysis, time line estimates, scope and control.
- Assist with the prioritization of project requests and ongoing change requests.
- Support system implementation and production readiness, inclusive of post-implementation support, by liaising with technology teams and the business.
- Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management (PMLC) methodologies.
- Contribute to the development of PAT and Deployment strategies/plans. Participate in pre and post implementation reviews, ensuring all technical solutions have met business requirements.
- Required to understand business and user processes and workflows. May be required to develop use cases.
- Collaborate with business leaders and IT partners ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately and clearly communicated.
- Act as backup for other members of the application group.
- Creative thinker with customer and business driven approach
- Adaptability and flexibility when required
- 1-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst on technology projects
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively on a team, supporting other team members in achieving objectives
- Able to multitask in a dynamic environment; a typical workload might include two to three concurrent projects in different phases of the SDLC as well as small enhancement tasks.
- Comfortable documenting, eliciting and interpreting business requirements and adjusting to evolving needs
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Solid knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Solid knowledge of “Use Case” and other requirements documentation methodologies
- Familiarity with Project Management methodology (PMLC)
- Ability to facilitate meetings and requirements sessions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, results driven
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- Skills in MS Word, MS Excel
- Knowledge of Distributed environments (Unix servers and processes using , SQL and SAS) is required.
- Knowledge of the Distributed environments (windows servers running SQL 2008 and business objects and web apps) is preferred.
- Some knowledge of the Host mainframe, JCL , SAS and Cobol coding languages) is required.
- Knowledge of RRM and ELM applications would be beneficial to this position.
Education and Accreditation:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology Systems or Business Analysis or similar degree or equivalent work experience.
Indeed - 17 months ago
TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number...