The Toronto Business Development Centre (TBDC) is an independent non-profit, non-government organization dedicated to nurturing the growth of new and emerging businesses. The Centre has been recognized at home and internationally for achievements in the field of business incubation. Over the past twenty plus years, TBDC has helped more than 4500 businesses through our various programs.
TBDC is looking for a motivated individual interested in making a large impact in a start-up environment. You will be working on helping us spreading our message through various marketing channels such as Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other forms of social media. In addition, you will get a great opportunity to learn how entrepreneurs are changing the world.
The internship is part time (roughly 10-20 hours a week) and unpaid. Our goal is to work with you to help develop your skills and gain work experience. We are looking to hire ASAP and we are flexible with scheduling (within Mon-Fri 8-5).
- Assist in researching and writing content for company website and blog
- Increase our online presence and visibility by regularly posting content on our blog,
Facebook and Twitter account
- Conducting a research projects
- Supporting marketing material writing and design
- Monitor and analyze website metrics / Google Analytics, Adwords, …/
- Additional projects and duties as required.
- Ability to research, draw conclusions, and create action plans based on the information
- Exceptional writing skills as well as a strong analytical mind
- Experience with social media marketing to update and develop new content
- Versatile interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate
- Positive can-do attitude, flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities
- Willingness to learn and desire to make an impact.
Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Copywriting skills and blogging experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Your Resume
- A portfolio if you have one or samples of your work /articles, blog posts, aso/