Our government client is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a CLF/WCAG Website Developer position:
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Manage personal tasks according to prescribed project priorities.
· Work directly with the Web Publishing Team and extended Project Team on assigned
· Review and assess assigned web pages for compliance with WCAG 2.0 and identify in
writing the elements that require correction. Resources may be expected to report issues
on the content area for up to 40 pages per day.
· Create and maintain appropriate documentation to track and report issues (e.g.
conformance evaluation results, etc.)
· Coding accessibility compliant web pages using the designated Web Publishing tool(s).
· Archiving legacy Web pages and updating links on current Web sites.
· Analyze and report issues using the designated tracking system/tool.
· The resources will provide status reports to Project Authority (Team Lead) as to the
progress of assigned tasks.
· The resources will immediately report to the Project Authority (Team Lead) of any issues
which are affecting progress of the work.
· In addition to the obligations contained in this Statement of Work, the Contractor shall:
o Keep all documents and proprietary information confidential;
o Return all materials belonging to NRCan upon completion of the contract;
o Submit all written reports in hard copy and electronic format as requested;
o Participate in meeting and teleconferences, as needed;
o Maintain all documentation in a secure area.
· Secondary school diploma and Certificate, diploma or degree in computer science, web design or other relevant field from a recognized post-secondary insititution.
· One or more years of experience working on Government of Canada’s Web sites that
comply with the Government of Canada’s Common Look and Feel (CLF) 2.0 standards for
the internet; either coding accessibility compliant web pages or applications or auditing
(Assessing, testing, doing quality assurance) on web pages or applications for
conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) of at least 1.0 levels.
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience is required in coding HTML and XHTML,
Content Management System; including Dreamweaver.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills of the English language.
· Enhanced Reliability Clearance
This position may have been filled prior to the closing date. Applicants may call to confirm if the position is still available.