T.G.I Friday's Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
productive and fun
Waitress (coach) (Current Employee) –  bahrainFebruary 15, 2016
My typical day at work is serving my guest. I have learned a lot from this job specially dealing with different kind of people and cultures, for me everyday was a learning process. our management is good enough and cared for their employee. co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job was how to challenge yourself to deal with different kind of people, but it was the most enjoyable as well because you come to know them and learn from them. I enjoy having conversations with my guest.
Pros
incentives
Cons
well managed team with work coordination
Qatar as kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  pearl, qatarMay 20, 2016
i have learned a well managed kitchen working as a kitchen helper . basically the restarant was very fast casual dining and the most enjoyable team members .
Good environment to be around
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working at this restaurant. I had to clean tables, help servers with serving food, greet guest when they arrived. The management was great, I have no complaints.
Great atmosphere, great people, awful managment
Host (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 13, 2015
Everyone always has a great time, generally enjoy being there, and always have smiles on thier faces. joking and having a good time because youre comfortable with each other.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Bad management
It is one of my Favorite job i have ever had!
Short Order Cook/ Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 25, 2012
It is really fun working in this restaurant! I love my the management too! I had a chance to deal with the customers while working. I was also offered by my manager to be a trainer in the kitchen for the company of SSP Canada! I have never had a problem in this job. And for the hardest part? Have to deal with the security of the airport, because the restaurant is located inside the airport.
Pros
discounts on food, free coffee under ssp company stores and tips
Cons
salary is not enough.
Fun environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 7, 2015
TGIF is a great place to work with people of different ethic backgrounds and work experience, everyone makes sure you are accepted and treated well,
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Seasonal
we are working in fun and warm atmospher
Casual Dining Line Cook (Current Employee) –  marina mallFebruary 21, 2013
I learned about my previous work is on how to developed my personal relation through guest,colleagues,and to the management.
typically working 11 hrs a day but still we are having fun knowing the restaurant culture and enjoying work with fun. communicating into different nationalities doesn't affect my work cause i work positively through out the day,with some help by my management team who's giving their support all over. Experiencing a bit hard time through restaurant timing but still i can handle. despite of long hours of duty i enjoyed and love my work still never forget to smile.
Pros
food allowances
Cons
from 1pm to close.(e.g. 1pm-12mn)
TGI Fridays was a fun and energetic workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 6, 2015
all work places have cliques that you separate into. this work place was t he same. but everyone was civil to eachother. everyone was helpful and encouraging to new comers and switching shifts was not difficult in a pinch. co-workers are funny and easy going and management is also easygoing...as long as you are doing a good job. they are always there to help and offer tips. time management and multi tasking is a severe need to be a waitress. the ability to lift about 20 lbs of food at head level on one arm is also a handy ability to have
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, OnJuly 9, 2015
Decent easy work place.
Co-workers are very nice and they make it a fun place.
Could have better management.
Interaction with customers helps you personally grow and develop.
Productive and fast pasted
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 22, 2012
Learned how to cook and prepare a lot of food quickly
Management of the work schedule was not the best never had enough people working
Co-workers were amazing and fun
Hardest part was working non-stop for sometimes 16-19hrs no breaks over holiday season
Never a dull moment there.
Pros
free dinners if you stayed late
Cons
long hours, working holidays
productive place to work.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work would include stocking my station that I was at, completing my orders as they came on the screen, attending to co-workers that needed a hand and sanitizing my station when no orders were given. All together working at TGI Fridays was a fast moving place always kept myself busy enjoyed the co-workers company but disliked the way one of the managers were treating the co-workers only because he/she didn't do his/her job correctly.
Pros
I learned new things as a line cook.
Cons
Poor managment.
Experience at TGI Fridays
Waiter (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaApril 28, 2015
Working at TGI Fridays was a great experience, it enhanced my public relation skills. In addition, it helped me to be hardworking and disciplined in order to do my job well and satisfy the customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tiring
injoying
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  niagara falls ontarioMay 17, 2015
injoying everthing and everyone around uand everyone is easy to work with. I,ve learned a lot their . coworkers are nice and polite