Part Time/Term Position: 1 Year
The Project Coordinator, under the supervision of the Project Manager will, as required:
- Assist with overall project coordination
- Assist with data collection (including archival research, interviews and focus groups), collation, analysis and dissemination
- Act as the main point of contact/ liaison between the administrative staff and elders from the 2 regional First Nations
- Give presentations on project outcomes to administrative staff and community members
- To take a lead role in developing and maintaining effective partnerships with a range of local and other statutory partners and the voluntary and private sectors
- To take a lead role in engaging local communities and other relevant agencies in the development and delivery of projects and programmes that address both need and strategic developments.
- Assist with research, develop and submit funding proposal for ongoing programming and demonstrations
- Assist with training initiatives including but not limited to participant recruitment in training initiatives relating to Climate Change and Natural resources. Coordination and scheduling of workshops, conferences and other capacity building initiatives.
- Assist with basic website maintenance (Wordpress)
- Complete necessary reporting requirements to funders and project manager.
Please note this is a part-time, temporary one-year position with the possibility of renewal for another year based on the availability of funding.
- Strong interest in climate change and community development
- High school Diploma or University Degree (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge and/ or experience with community surveys and data collection
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience communicating with elders and local leaders
- Familiarity with T’it’q’et and Cayoose Creek communities and key contacts there
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and interest in learning basic website design and maintenance (WordPress)
- Additional assets include: basic photography and video camera skills
Please submit resume and cover letter to: T'it'q'et Climate Change Adaptation
Attention: T’it’q’et Administration- by 3:00 p.m. March 28, 2013
Please provide cover letter, resume and at least 3 written references.
by Fax to (250)256-4544
Mail: P.O. Box 615 Lillooet, B.C. V0K 1V0
Indeed - 13 months ago
First Nation Organization located in Lillooet, British Columbia