T&T Supermarket Employee Reviews

Not excellent work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 January 2018
The job what I have been working now is not satisfied. The working hours per week is short and also the payment per hour is low under the heavy load of work.
Pros
dental health insurance
Cons
payment per hour is low
Less productive
Picker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 December 2017
Lack leadership, supervisors hardly speak english. There is no appreciation either u work hard or dont.
Appears to be ueducated management. They make u pick from higher second shelves.
Pros
U dont have to work hard
Cons
Very poor benefits
Fun place to work
Bakery Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2017
Management is awful. No clear rules to follow. Coworkers are friendly. If you just want to find a place to social, it is not a bad choice. Work life balance is OK.
Good workplace to have a start
Part-time cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2017
It's a good place for you to apply for a position if you don't have any experience while other companies have experience requirement. Time is flexible enough for you to manage your life.
Nice Environment
Grocery helper (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC11 October 2017
work as a Grocery help in the supermarket learned to be organized and systematic.
coworkers are friendly
fast pace, energetic work atmosphere, thus time management is crucial
Decent place to work if you speak canto/mandarin
Produce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 September 2017
While t&t isn't a bad place to work, the majority of employees there do not speak fluent English so it would be hard to communicate co-workers if you do not speak any type of Chinese. High job security if you can do the work, however long periods between each pay increase so you will most likely work for a long time at minimum wage.
Pros
Repetitive work
Cons
Long hours, Repetitive work
Productive workplace with many consumers
Sushi Prep and Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC10 September 2017
T&T is a busy place, but the workplace is often short on staff and there are simply not enough hands to get certain amounts of work done, due to difficulties in hiring new employees. Overall, the workplace environment is always buzzing with consumers and daily production goals are consistently set.
Pros
Organized production schedules, task assignments
Cons
Short on staff
Overall
Kitchen Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2017
Got a good Job Work/Life Balance and Job Culture but to some degree it lacks of efficient management systems and the salary's really basic. Anyway, as a supermarket, it's a good place for people who look for temporary jobs to work at.
Not good
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 August 2017
The day shift required us to collect the basket on time, support cashier pack bag when the line is too long, solve and talk with the complaining customers.
I always take the night shift in T&T. My responsibility was to clean all cashier's desks, return all goods customers return to the cashiers, clean the staffs' lunch room, and lock the shopping cart and gate. T&T always let two general helper work in one night shift. Usually, the supervisor will comb the new entries with the experienced one to help train the new employees. I started to comb with new co-workers after I worked for one month, and I trained four co-workers.
It was interesting to communicate with other co-workers, and help each other during the work.
salary below work load
Bakery Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  9255 woodbone ave24 August 2017
i do not like this company. Salary below work load. Rules always change. Work long hours. Only 10 days paid vacation for the first year. Training while working days
Nice people but bad management style
Assistant HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 July 2017
Nice people to work with for sure. The company is relatively young but with rapid expansion. as a result, poor management style & internal structure. good pay
Pros
nice people, good pay
Cons
poor management style
Produce Stock Boy
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 July 2017
Stocked fruits and Vegetables. Everyday ill punch in and out when i arrive and then i leave from work. I basically walk around to see whats fruits have bad and low quantity. Then ill go in the back and grab the boxes to restock and display it in a well mannerly.
Pros
1 hour Lunch/Dinner 2 paid breaks
Cons
All Chinese people
bakery
Making cake, bun, and restock person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
i was learned about my welding skill in this company , also the grinding skill , in this company they give me alot chance to learn about the new skill
productive workplace
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 June 2017
each day was different because we work on different isles each day and the promotion area was different each week. i learned how to work quick with my hands and quick thinking on making displays in the promotion area. the hardest part was not the break the grocery items we were working with. the most enjoyable was the coworkers
Pros
productive work environment
Cons
very labor intensive
T&T Supermarket Surrey Central Store
Dairy & Frozen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 June 2017
The staffs were nice and overall I had a good time. However, I was forced to quit due to the heavy workload at school. The department I worked for was friendly, and the work environment is great. The main job was stocking, so highly recommended people who is interesting in this type of job to really get familiar with all the products.
Creepy atmosphere but money is money
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2017
I got the job here from a a referral from a friend, it mainly consisted of cleaning and serving customers. They offer a $3.25 lunch for their employees and it is very filling (however they once took over forty minutes to prepare soup and made me late for my shift). Late into my time there I found out they spy on their employees with security cameras. They will warn you if you are not at least doing a pointless task at all times. I randomly got my hours cut on one of my days off making me bus there for nothing. In summation, not the greatest place to work.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Always standing, always watched
Easy going job.
Casher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2017
it was a nice work environment, and they were friendly co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have that face to face communication with the customers. i learned that most of the customers can tell their mood by looking at their faces. sometimes we do interact a little with the customers just to bring their mood back to balance, and sometimes we leave them alone because they seen to not like people talking to them.
Pros
Friendly co-worker
Cons
long shifts
Good Environment
Dairy & Frozen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 April 2017
A typical work day is to load and stock items, very busy each day. Management is good in a Chinese culture workplace. Most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different customers.
Good Company with a Good Company Culture
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2017
I have been working for T&T supermarket for a total of 2 years. it was the first job that actually helped me develop my personal skills as well as knowledge about the area of work that I was doing. promotes team work.
good team member
customer service and cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
manager is very nice and easy to talk, and the product is easy to learn and we just need to do what we need to do, no extra works and no over times, good choice for a new mother