SYSCO Employee Reviews

great place to work
picker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 January 2015
great place to work. the people were patient as well as hard working.
Pros
golf tournaments
Cons
no work
Fast paced environment
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 December 2014
Very fast paced place to work, behind on the safety aspect of a work environment.
wants to be informed of safety concerns just very slow to do anything about it. co workers were great to be around and very informative of the working culture and express their concerns freely
Pros
the working hours
Cons
safety issues
Productive and fun workplace
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 November 2014
Same work everyday. Learned pros and cons of unionized work culture. Head office issued new productivity plans are not suitable in common to all warehouses. Working in freezer for ninety cents more not worth damaging body. Week goes faster.
Pros
Fix schedule
Cons
transportation problem
amazing company
Marketing Repressive (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 October 2014
I enjoyed my time with Sysco Edmonton very very much!!!!! Day to Day is great for Family life/ Work Balance
Pros
great Sal/Com
Cons
It is very productive place
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2014
I am picking orders,I am selector putting right box on right pallet on right zone to keep our costumers happy.Main goal it is to deliver right product to our costumer.I am learned that even when is hard day and we are way behind of schedule when we all stick together we can deliver it on time and keep our costumers happy.That is a strength and spirit of good working environment.
Fun work place always something going on
Biiling Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB12 August 2014
Very stressful most times because all time management but do-able.Had to know alot of codes. The hardest part was when our printer's went down and all we could do was wait . The most enjoyable was most the people because become like second family.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
to many chief's
Productive with free use of gym
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2014
I was assigned at night shift. Everyday you will be brief on how many cases will be dispatched for the night and how many was picked, how much is remaining.
Pros
Free Drinks & Food (low expiration)
Cons
Disregarded Safety procedures over quantity of work done.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable / Cash Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2014
Awesome co-workers. Great place to work at. Occasionally free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches
First experence
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 April 2014
This was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot of things here. How the work is done at a workplace.
What are the benefits we get.
Safety is always first.
Work with rules and regulations.
High Turnover - Low wage- Micromanaged
Operations support coordinator, Driver supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta4 March 2014
Was blessed to have the opportunity to experience several positions at Sysco. When I began my journey Sysco was the type of company one could grow with. Now it lacks job security for any position there. The more money you earn the more at risk you become for your services no longer required. Regardless of your knowledge or years of service. It's unfortunate that the company decided to downsize staff with many years of service and knowledge just so they could rehire other people at a lower wage. So now many positions are based at a lower wage that certainly does not match the work volume and expectations. Some positions that use to be full time are now classified as part time. The company decides to focus on numbers than employees. On paper they look great and cover all the required basis, but struggle to practice what they preach. If you love to be micromanaged this is the company for you. This is a fast paced environment that struggles to maintain teamwork among departments. They say one thing and do the complete opposite. Sink or swim
Pros
Benefit flex care, on site gym, on site cafe, flexibility for schedules.
Cons
Cafe hours, job work/ life balance, job security.
market leader
Senior Protein Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2014
Market leader
great training
on the job freedom
great working with clients
great co-workers
Very enjoyable if you enjoy working with people
Food Sales (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC20 January 2014
Loved the job. Every day was different even thou i saw the same schaduled accounts each week.
Enjoyed the challenge of growing my cusatomer base as well as increasing sales in existing accounts
Pros
flexible schedule, to a point. great support from 1st manager
Cons
not so much support from final manager.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2014
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table.Fast,pace and productive environment.
Great Company that believes in their employees
Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2013
The company believes in investing in their employees to help build a stronger team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the hourly employees hands on.
Outstanding and Outgoing Sales Rep
Sales Representative -Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2013
Extensive experience in account management, account penetration and prospecting (cold calling) Consultative selling approach combined with strategic critical thinking skills
Adept at closing the sale Grew low performing territory into profitable territory Excellent communication skills, self motivated individual Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for growth and success
gr
great pay
not much more top say
warehouse
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2013
load and unload trucks ensure stock rotation and the proper orders were on the proper trucks
A challenging rewarding company
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2013
My daily responsibilities was insuring my accounts were taken care of and I was expanding my territory. I learned true customer service by insuring every issue and problem was my problem...if my customers had an issue, then it was my issue.
There was very little opportunity to move ahead. The last year was difficult with so much change. I had three bosses in the last year and very little support in the last 9 months.

The best part of the job is the thrill to help customers. I would enjoy that I helped them out of an emergency or help them with there long term growth.
Pros
good pay
Cons
have to work 6 days a week.
Una gran organización y una muy buena cultura laboral
TECNICO DE MANTENIMIENTO (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2013
Cada día se aprendía algo nuevo y se hacían cosas distintas, en el transcurso del turno laboral el jefe se acercaba para motivar a sus trabajadores, se preocupaban por que las personas usaran su equipo de protección y que no les faltara nada en su estadía en el almacén.
Lo que mas me gusto es la organización de el tiempo y el apoyo que me brindaron durante mi estadía en ese trabajo.
La parte mas difícil fue el clima de la ciudad (mucho frío)
Pros
el pago era en dolares y aprendí un poco del idioma ingles
Cons
estaba lejos de mi familia
Fast paced environment.
Fork Op, Order Picker. (Current Employee) –  Regina, Sk. Canada7 February 2013
Poor management, favoritism, little regard for customers or low end employees. Only concern seems to be about efficiency(numbers) & not the safety/ well being of the worker. Inadequate training with regard to operating systems. Unable to approach managers with safety concerns or job related issues. Unreasonable expectations in regard to work performance or ability. Unable to understand I.T. personnel who seem to lack the ability to speak the English language & offer little help/support. Warehouse too small to accommodate pallet jacks. Some aisles too narrow for safe fork lift operation. Cracks in warehouse floor & leaky roof are hazards for pedestrians, pallet jack & fork operators. If you're looking for stable, long term employment with little or no stress, then this is not the place for you!
Pros
good pay, benefits.
Cons
management, hours, job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.