SYSCO Employee Reviews

Having worked for Sysco in two different province I have polar opposite reviews as both OPCO's differed greatly
Marketing Associate/Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2015
Laptop open at 7:00a.m. each morning to review orders and look for problems or delivery schedule conflicts.
Learned many sales techniques and how to vary them according to different accounts/personalities.
Many levels of management to turn to in a given day if needed.
Losing business to the competition was most difficult aspect to deal with.
Seeing customers gain new business from my recommendations was always most rewarding part of job.
Great Team work
Corporate Multi Unit Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Albera30 March 2015
Productive working environment , with unique challenges , and ample support . Co - workers would jump in and help when the work load was overwhelming . The most difficult part of the job was submitting many detailed reports in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team, building trust and knowing that the people you are working with have integrity.
Pros
In house restaurant
Outstanding and Outgoing Sales Rep
Sales Representative -Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2013
Extensive experience in account management, account penetration and prospecting (cold calling) Consultative selling approach combined with strategic critical thinking skills
Adept at closing the sale Grew low performing territory into profitable territory Excellent communication skills, self motivated individual Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for growth and success
Sysco Driving
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 August 2015
A day at my work was started at various hours of the early morning and we wuld deliver different food orders to establishments throughout the city such as Subway McDonalds The Medicine Hat Lodge ..then i would get paid at the end of the day :)
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Long Long Hours
High Turnover - Low wage- Micromanaged
Operations support coordinator, Driver supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta4 March 2014
Was blessed to have the opportunity to experience several positions at Sysco. When I began my journey Sysco was the type of company one could grow with. Now it lacks job security for any position there. The more money you earn the more at risk you become for your services no longer required. Regardless of your knowledge or years of service. It's unfortunate that the company decided to downsize staff with many years of service and knowledge just so they could rehire other people at a lower wage. So now many positions are based at a lower wage that certainly does not match the work volume and expectations. Some positions that use to be full time are now classified as part time. The company decides to focus on numbers than employees. On paper they look great and cover all the required basis, but struggle to practice what they preach. If you love to be micromanaged this is the company for you. This is a fast paced environment that struggles to maintain teamwork among departments. They say one thing and do the complete opposite. Sink or swim
Pros
Benefit flex care, on site gym, on site cafe, flexibility for schedules.
Cons
Cafe hours, job work/ life balance, job security.
Learning opportunity
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2015
Opportunities to learn, flexible and relaxed timing other than month end week. Free on site gym. Neat, clean and spacious office
Pros
Discount staff purchase offers
Cons
long hours during month end
Looking for better paying Driving Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 November 2015
Only Looking for a different work for 1 reason my first child is on the way.I really like working here because i get to come home ever night and the guys are easy going,but soon it will only be myself working and i will not be able to cover all the bills with this job.job. I'm not getting full work weeks,and really need the money
Fast paced environment
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 December 2014
Very fast paced place to work, behind on the safety aspect of a work environment.
wants to be informed of safety concerns just very slow to do anything about it. co workers were great to be around and very informative of the working culture and express their concerns freely
Pros
the working hours
Cons
safety issues
Wonderful Culture
Warehouse Supervisor/Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON1 April 2015
Sysco has a culture that most companies strive to emulate. Truly operating with their people in mind. A fast moving and continuous improvement focused business.
Fun work place always something going on
Biiling Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB12 August 2014
Very stressful most times because all time management but do-able.Had to know alot of codes. The hardest part was when our printer's went down and all we could do was wait . The most enjoyable was most the people because become like second family.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
to many chief's
Prodcutive
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2016
On-call day
Pressure work
Instant solution to problem required
Playing ping-pong at times
Fellow co-workers are supportive but with fear.
Productive and fun workplace
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 November 2014
Same work everyday. Learned pros and cons of unionized work culture. Head office issued new productivity plans are not suitable in common to all warehouses. Working in freezer for ninety cents more not worth damaging body. Week goes faster.
Pros
Fix schedule
Cons
transportation problem
If you want to have no personal life work for sysco
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2015
I stuck there for 5 years for the money, no communication and favoritism infested work place. Fault free management. I saw 3 vp changes and 2 warehouse managers and no improvement.
A challenging rewarding company
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2013
My daily responsibilities was insuring my accounts were taken care of and I was expanding my territory. I learned true customer service by insuring every issue and problem was my problem...if my customers had an issue, then it was my issue.
There was very little opportunity to move ahead. The last year was difficult with so much change. I had three bosses in the last year and very little support in the last 9 months.

The best part of the job is the thrill to help customers. I would enjoy that I helped them out of an emergency or help them with there long term growth.
Pros
good pay
Cons
have to work 6 days a week.
good place to work
General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Flin Flon, MB23 November 2015
got good experience the pay was alright for the hours i worked
the people were alright to work with learned the scanner and how to unpack and load the truck trailer
Pros
continues work
Cons
middle of no where to far north and to cold
First experence
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 April 2014
This was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot of things here. How the work is done at a workplace.
What are the benefits we get.
Safety is always first.
Work with rules and regulations.
amazing company
Marketing Repressive (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 October 2014
I enjoyed my time with Sysco Edmonton very very much!!!!! Day to Day is great for Family life/ Work Balance
Pros
great Sal/Com
Cons
LONG HOURS
Great People, Great Dynamic
Sales/Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2015
Great company, Lot of fun, dealing with customers, seeing new people on a daily basis. Loved problem solving for customers, being their consultant.
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
Not flexiable on price
It was a good job acutally not that bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 February 2015
a typical day at work was when our supervisor almost died he got crushed between tow trailers he forgot to pull the spring brakes on one of the truck when he was moving pallets from a trailer to another then he ended up in the hospital with broken desk and both legs after one of the workers was at the site that time he heard him screaming with loud voice then he knew he was hurt.
It is very productive place
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2014
I am picking orders,I am selector putting right box on right pallet on right zone to keep our costumers happy.Main goal it is to deliver right product to our costumer.I am learned that even when is hard day and we are way behind of schedule when we all stick together we can deliver it on time and keep our costumers happy.That is a strength and spirit of good working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.