SYSCO Employee Reviews

For committed sales people that want to try there hand at Foodservice It can be great with a little luck with the territory you get
Marketing associate / Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 December 2015
Marketing associates day never ends and your on the move all day long meeting appointments , growing profitable orders for you and the company . All commission sales
Pros
Great young growing enthusiastic co workers
Hard workers and dedicated
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2016
There very dedicated to there work. They know how to teach you will surely learn new things. Gain new strengths. Long hours but its worth it I couldn't have asked to work for a better company!
You want to work like a dog?
order selector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, manitoba15 June 2015
This company dosent care about you. They make up guidelines like saying you have to get 100% every week just to keep your job. To get 100% you have to hold in number 1 and number 2 also skip breaks if your lucky you will get 100 %. If for example you get 98 % then you will get a letter. I can bet that none of management could even come close to getting 100%. They are all talk no show. Also the company likes to hire new immigrants to use them as slaves because they know they will not get far within the company and as soon as your close to your probation ending they will fire you. Its not worth it most american companies don't care at all. So its up to you if you like to be the pawn lol. Also lots of favouritism if they dont like you they will give you orders so high in volume that its truly impossible to 100 % unless you want to be a old depressed handicapped old man.
Pros
free food
Cons
gives you free food to make you work harder
fast paced
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2015
fast paced, quick learning environment, long hours
stressful, always changing and moving
very physical,

you start very early, you work very hard running up and down a ramp all day.
lots of digging loading up carts and delivering to resturants
Pros
learn your way around the city
Cons
bad hours, night shift
Great place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2016
Everyone is friendly and management is great. Can buy product at reduced prices. More training should be provided. It is a very busy place with dealing with customer across Canada.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
shift work
First experence
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 April 2014
This was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot of things here. How the work is done at a workplace.
What are the benefits we get.
Safety is always first.
Work with rules and regulations.
Looking for better paying Driving Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 November 2015
Only Looking for a different work for 1 reason my first child is on the way.I really like working here because i get to come home ever night and the guys are easy going,but soon it will only be myself working and i will not be able to cover all the bills with this job.job. I'm not getting full work weeks,and really need the money
Prodcutive
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2016
On-call day
Pressure work
Instant solution to problem required
Playing ping-pong at times
Fellow co-workers are supportive but with fear.
awful place to work
order selector (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2015
i currently work as an order selector in the warehouse in halifax, the company talks about safety all the time and training seminars, but in the 6 months i've been there we only did 1 little short training session, and that was only because the system went down. The management does not care about they're employees at all. They only care if you get your numbers, if you dont then they will fire you. I started in september 2014 and since I've been there they have fired 5 people because of theyre numbers and 12 people that started after me quit because they couldnt hit they're numbers. Sysco does not give you a chance to advance at all, they tell you they will train you on the forklift but they never do, the only perk of the job was the paying of incentive, but they changed it so much in 6 months that i was making 400$ extra a week to now i'm lucky to make anything becayse they want you to pick faster, scan more product labels, and not have any short on trucks. All in all sysco halifax employees have referred to the job as a slave movement, management takes takes takes but does not give anything in return.
Pros
nothing anymore
Cons
management sucks more and more each day
down sizing hindered job security
Customer Service Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton,On16 April 2015
Incredible company to work for however downsizing hindered job security greatly.
Great management team
promoted from within

My duties included
data entry
sales
email/voicemail (very large amounts)
training
WHIMIS trained
Certified in first aid (expired)
diffusing situations constantly everyday
very strict deadlines daily
Pros
treated employees well
Cons
poor training follow through
productive and fun workplace
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 November 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management,most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
It was a lot of variety in what i did each day.
Learning opportunity
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2015
Opportunities to learn, flexible and relaxed timing other than month end week. Free on site gym. Neat, clean and spacious office
Pros
Discount staff purchase offers
Cons
long hours during month end
Sysco Driving
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 August 2015
A day at my work was started at various hours of the early morning and we wuld deliver different food orders to establishments throughout the city such as Subway McDonalds The Medicine Hat Lodge ..then i would get paid at the end of the day :)
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Long Long Hours
good place to work
General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Flin Flon, MB23 November 2015
got good experience the pay was alright for the hours i worked
the people were alright to work with learned the scanner and how to unpack and load the truck trailer
Pros
continues work
Cons
middle of no where to far north and to cold
Great Team work
Corporate Multi Unit Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Albera30 March 2015
Productive working environment , with unique challenges , and ample support . Co - workers would jump in and help when the work load was overwhelming . The most difficult part of the job was submitting many detailed reports in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team, building trust and knowing that the people you are working with have integrity.
Pros
In house restaurant
Cons
Having worked for Sysco in two different province I have polar opposite reviews as both OPCO's differed greatly
Marketing Associate/Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2015
Laptop open at 7:00a.m. each morning to review orders and look for problems or delivery schedule conflicts.
Learned many sales techniques and how to vary them according to different accounts/personalities.
Many levels of management to turn to in a given day if needed.
Losing business to the competition was most difficult aspect to deal with.
Seeing customers gain new business from my recommendations was always most rewarding part of job.
Great People, Great Dynamic
Sales/Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2015
Great company, Lot of fun, dealing with customers, seeing new people on a daily basis. Loved problem solving for customers, being their consultant.
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
Not flexiable on price
High Turnover - Low wage- Micromanaged
Operations support coordinator, Driver supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta4 March 2014
Was blessed to have the opportunity to experience several positions at Sysco. When I began my journey Sysco was the type of company one could grow with. Now it lacks job security for any position there. The more money you earn the more at risk you become for your services no longer required. Regardless of your knowledge or years of service. It's unfortunate that the company decided to downsize staff with many years of service and knowledge just so they could rehire other people at a lower wage. So now many positions are based at a lower wage that certainly does not match the work volume and expectations. Some positions that use to be full time are now classified as part time. The company decides to focus on numbers than employees. On paper they look great and cover all the required basis, but struggle to practice what they preach. If you love to be micromanaged this is the company for you. This is a fast paced environment that struggles to maintain teamwork among departments. They say one thing and do the complete opposite. Sink or swim
Pros
Benefit flex care, on site gym, on site cafe, flexibility for schedules.
Cons
Cafe hours, job work/ life balance, job security.
Outstanding and Outgoing Sales Rep
Sales Representative -Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2013
Extensive experience in account management, account penetration and prospecting (cold calling) Consultative selling approach combined with strategic critical thinking skills
Adept at closing the sale Grew low performing territory into profitable territory Excellent communication skills, self motivated individual Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for growth and success
A challenging rewarding company
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2013
My daily responsibilities was insuring my accounts were taken care of and I was expanding my territory. I learned true customer service by insuring every issue and problem was my problem...if my customers had an issue, then it was my issue.
There was very little opportunity to move ahead. The last year was difficult with so much change. I had three bosses in the last year and very little support in the last 9 months.

The best part of the job is the thrill to help customers. I would enjoy that I helped them out of an emergency or help them with there long term growth.
Pros
good pay
Cons
have to work 6 days a week.