SYSCO Employee Reviews in Canada

nice work place
Warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  edmonton, albertaApril 10, 2015
shipping and receiving goods, packing orders and shipping it to buyers. i worked from 9pm to 5am. i am hard working person willing to learn
Great Team work
Corporate Multi Unit Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlberaMarch 30, 2015
Productive working environment , with unique challenges , and ample support . Co - workers would jump in and help when the work load was overwhelming . The most difficult part of the job was submitting many detailed reports in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team, building trust and knowing that the people you are working with have integrity.
Pros
In house restaurant
Cons
If you want to have no personal life work for sysco
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2015
I stuck there for 5 years for the money, no communication and favoritism infested work place. Fault free management. I saw 3 vp changes and 2 warehouse managers and no improvement.
awful place to work
order selector (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 2, 2015
i currently work as an order selector in the warehouse in halifax, the company talks about safety all the time and training seminars, but in the 6 months i've been there we only did 1 little short training session, and that was only because the system went down. The management does not care about they're employees at all. They only care if you get your numbers, if you dont then they will fire you. I started in september 2014 and since I've been there they have fired 5 people because of theyre numbers and 12 people that started after me quit because they couldnt hit they're numbers. Sysco does not give you a chance to advance at all, they tell you they will train you on the forklift but they never do, the only perk of the job was the paying of incentive, but they changed it so much in 6 months that i was making 400$ extra a week to now i'm lucky to make anything becayse they want you to pick faster, scan more product labels, and not have any short on trucks. All in all sysco halifax employees have referred to the job as a slave movement, management takes takes takes but does not give anything in return.
Pros
nothing anymore
Cons
management sucks more and more each day
It was a good job acutally not that bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 23, 2015
a typical day at work was when our supervisor almost died he got crushed between tow trailers he forgot to pull the spring brakes on one of the truck when he was moving pallets from a trailer to another then he ended up in the hospital with broken desk and both legs after one of the workers was at the site that time he heard him screaming with loud voice then he knew he was hurt.
Good company to work for!
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 18, 2015
Can't think of anything negative. Really good place to work. They take care of their employees. They promote within. Lots of family events.
Having worked for Sysco in two different province I have polar opposite reviews as both OPCO's differed greatly
Marketing Associate/Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
Laptop open at 7:00a.m. each morning to review orders and look for problems or delivery schedule conflicts.
Learned many sales techniques and how to vary them according to different accounts/personalities.
Many levels of management to turn to in a given day if needed.
Losing business to the competition was most difficult aspect to deal with.
Seeing customers gain new business from my recommendations was always most rewarding part of job.
A good place to work
National Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, NSJanuary 20, 2015
The company is a good place to work for - great co -workers! There is a lot of deadlines and you must be able to time-manage well.
great place to work
picker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 16, 2015
great place to work. the people were patient as well as hard working.
Pros
golf tournaments
Cons
no work
Fast paced environment
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 22, 2014
Very fast paced place to work, behind on the safety aspect of a work environment.
wants to be informed of safety concerns just very slow to do anything about it. co workers were great to be around and very informative of the working culture and express their concerns freely
Pros
the working hours
Cons
safety issues
Productive and fun workplace
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 2, 2014
Same work everyday. Learned pros and cons of unionized work culture. Head office issued new productivity plans are not suitable in common to all warehouses. Working in freezer for ninety cents more not worth damaging body. Week goes faster.
Pros
fix schedule
Cons
transportation problem
amazing company
Marketing Repressive (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABOctober 18, 2014
I enjoyed my time with Sysco Edmonton very very much!!!!! Day to Day is great for Family life/ Work Balance
Pros
great sal/com
Cons
It is very productive place
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2014
I am picking orders,I am selector putting right box on right pallet on right zone to keep our costumers happy.Main goal it is to deliver right product to our costumer.I am learned that even when is hard day and we are way behind of schedule when we all stick together we can deliver it on time and keep our costumers happy.That is a strength and spirit of good working environment.
Fun work place always something going on
Biiling Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABAugust 12, 2014
Very stressful most times because all time management but do-able.Had to know alot of codes. The hardest part was when our printer's went down and all we could do was wait . The most enjoyable was most the people because become like second family.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
to many chief's
Productive with free use of gym
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 21, 2014
I was assigned at night shift. Everyday you will be brief on how many cases will be dispatched for the night and how many was picked, how much is remaining.
Pros
free drinks & food (low expiration)
Cons
disregarded safety procedures over quantity of work done.
First experence
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 1, 2014
This was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot of things here. How the work is done at a workplace.
What are the benefits we get.
Safety is always first.
Work with rules and regulations.
High Turnover - Low wage- Micromanaged
Operations support coordinator, Driver supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaMarch 4, 2014
Was blessed to have the opportunity to experience several positions at Sysco. When I began my journey Sysco was the type of company one could grow with. Now it lacks job security for any position there. The more money you earn the more at risk you become for your services no longer required. Regardless of your knowledge or years of service. It's unfortunate that the company decided to downsize staff with many years of service and knowledge just so they could rehire other people at a lower wage. So now many positions are based at a lower wage that certainly does not match the work volume and expectations. Some positions that use to be full time are now classified as part time. The company decides to focus on numbers than employees. On paper they look great and cover all the required basis, but struggle to practice what they preach. If you love to be micromanaged this is the company for you. This is a fast paced environment that struggles to maintain teamwork among departments. They say one thing and do the complete opposite. Sink or swim
Pros
benefit flex care, on site gym, on site cafe, flexibility for schedules.
Cons
cafe hours, job work/ life balance, job security.
market leader
Senior Protein Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Market leader
great training
on the job freedom
great working with clients
great co-workers
Very enjoyable if you enjoy working with people
Food Sales (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 20, 2014
Loved the job. Every day was different even thou i saw the same schaduled accounts each week.
Enjoyed the challenge of growing my cusatomer base as well as increasing sales in existing accounts
Pros
flexible schedule, to a point. great support from 1st manager
Cons
not so much support from final manager.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table.Fast,pace and productive environment.