SYSCO Employee Reviews

For committed sales people that want to try there hand at Foodservice It can be great with a little luck with the territory you get
Marketing associate / Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 December 2015
Marketing associates day never ends and your on the move all day long meeting appointments , growing profitable orders for you and the company . All commission sales
Pros
Great young growing enthusiastic co workers
Positive career
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 November 2015
I learned a wealth of information in the food industry and additionally acquired further customer service and administration skills. It was an enjoyable career with an excellent team environment. Management however did not follow protocol in our department with employee relations and pushed many good representatives out the door. Sysco is a global leader and reputable company as a whole.
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Management does not work well with employees
Looking for better paying Driving Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 November 2015
Only Looking for a different work for 1 reason my first child is on the way.I really like working here because i get to come home ever night and the guys are easy going,but soon it will only be myself working and i will not be able to cover all the bills with this job.job. I'm not getting full work weeks,and really need the money
fast paced
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2015
fast paced, quick learning environment, long hours
stressful, always changing and moving
very physical,

you start very early, you work very hard running up and down a ramp all day.
lots of digging loading up carts and delivering to resturants
Pros
learn your way around the city
Cons
bad hours, night shift
Hard workers and dedicated
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2016
There very dedicated to there work. They know how to teach you will surely learn new things. Gain new strengths. Long hours but its worth it I couldn't have asked to work for a better company!
Great place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2016
Everyone is friendly and management is great. Can buy product at reduced prices. More training should be provided. It is a very busy place with dealing with customer across Canada.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
shift work
Good Company
AZ Driver - B-Trains / Delivery Associate / (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON1 March 2016
Good company.
no coworkers. work alone
driving positions
good place to work
General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Flin Flon, MB23 November 2015
got good experience the pay was alright for the hours i worked
the people were alright to work with learned the scanner and how to unpack and load the truck trailer
Pros
continues work
Cons
middle of no where to far north and to cold
Prodcutive
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2016
On-call day
Pressure work
Instant solution to problem required
Playing ping-pong at times
Fellow co-workers are supportive but with fear.
down sizing hindered job security
Customer Service Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton,On16 April 2015
Incredible company to work for however downsizing hindered job security greatly.
Great management team
promoted from within

My duties included
data entry
sales
email/voicemail (very large amounts)
training
WHIMIS trained
Certified in first aid (expired)
diffusing situations constantly everyday
very strict deadlines daily
Pros
treated employees well
Cons
poor training follow through
Great Team work
Corporate Multi Unit Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Albera30 March 2015
Productive working environment , with unique challenges , and ample support . Co - workers would jump in and help when the work load was overwhelming . The most difficult part of the job was submitting many detailed reports in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team, building trust and knowing that the people you are working with have integrity.
Pros
In house restaurant
productive and fun workplace
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 November 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management,most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
It was a lot of variety in what i did each day.
Great People, Great Dynamic
Sales/Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2015
Great company, Lot of fun, dealing with customers, seeing new people on a daily basis. Loved problem solving for customers, being their consultant.
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
Not flexiable on price
Sysco Driving
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 August 2015
A day at my work was started at various hours of the early morning and we wuld deliver different food orders to establishments throughout the city such as Subway McDonalds The Medicine Hat Lodge ..then i would get paid at the end of the day :)
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Long Long Hours
Having worked for Sysco in two different province I have polar opposite reviews as both OPCO's differed greatly
Marketing Associate/Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2015
Laptop open at 7:00a.m. each morning to review orders and look for problems or delivery schedule conflicts.
Learned many sales techniques and how to vary them according to different accounts/personalities.
Many levels of management to turn to in a given day if needed.
Losing business to the competition was most difficult aspect to deal with.
Seeing customers gain new business from my recommendations was always most rewarding part of job.
You want to work like a dog?
order selector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, manitoba15 June 2015
This company dosent care about you. They make up guidelines like saying you have to get 100% every week just to keep your job. To get 100% you have to hold in number 1 and number 2 also skip breaks if your lucky you will get 100 %. If for example you get 98 % then you will get a letter. I can bet that none of management could even come close to getting 100%. They are all talk no show. Also the company likes to hire new immigrants to use them as slaves because they know they will not get far within the company and as soon as your close to your probation ending they will fire you. Its not worth it most american companies don't care at all. So its up to you if you like to be the pawn lol. Also lots of favouritism if they dont like you they will give you orders so high in volume that its truly impossible to 100 % unless you want to be a old depressed handicapped old man.
Pros
free food
Cons
gives you free food to make you work harder
It was a good job acutally not that bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 February 2015
a typical day at work was when our supervisor almost died he got crushed between tow trailers he forgot to pull the spring brakes on one of the truck when he was moving pallets from a trailer to another then he ended up in the hospital with broken desk and both legs after one of the workers was at the site that time he heard him screaming with loud voice then he knew he was hurt.
Outstanding and Outgoing Sales Rep
Sales Representative -Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2013
Extensive experience in account management, account penetration and prospecting (cold calling) Consultative selling approach combined with strategic critical thinking skills
Adept at closing the sale Grew low performing territory into profitable territory Excellent communication skills, self motivated individual Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for growth and success
A challenging rewarding company
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2013
My daily responsibilities was insuring my accounts were taken care of and I was expanding my territory. I learned true customer service by insuring every issue and problem was my problem...if my customers had an issue, then it was my issue.
There was very little opportunity to move ahead. The last year was difficult with so much change. I had three bosses in the last year and very little support in the last 9 months.

The best part of the job is the thrill to help customers. I would enjoy that I helped them out of an emergency or help them with there long term growth.
Pros
good pay
Cons
have to work 6 days a week.
exceed physical limit,work very hard or be suspended or terminated!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2012
a typical day in the warehouse floor,is always in a hurry and trying to reach a certain percentage or piece counts just to get a performance bonus $$$, but when they hire temporary foreign worker, they make it a must that your should a certain very high performance (95%) or else you'll be re-trained, suspended or terminated. maybe this is the very reason only temporary foreign worker mostly endure the job here to earn money to be sent home to their love ones. Many time we do not take full breaks or lunch just to continue the job and have high performance.
Pros
performance bonus, free work out, you'll never gain weight even you eat a lot.
Cons
unsafe, mistakes salary deduction, forcing to reach a certain high performance, or be terminated.