SYSCO Employee Reviews

Great place to work team work second to none
Day Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 September 2016
Day started at 5:30 am ended around 4:30pm 4 day week with the occasional Friday to cover other supervisors vacations/ day off .
Work with the staff here was very rewarding, all worked together as a team to ensure that all tasks completed daily, within time frames .
What I learned that all members of a team want feed back on tasks completed, showing that no matter the job ,if no communication good or bad, with employees, results are hard to get they need to be part of the process .Hardest part of the job was ensuring that trucks late to ferry or road conditions were given priority to ensure that customers orders were complete
A productive environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2016
Working here can be fun, everyone is supportive of each other.

Expectations for performance is high and environment supports success.

Great and friendly managers.
Stable work environment
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2016
Sysco is an industry leader which offers a stable working environment, both at the associate and management level. The operations staff are unionized and leadership requires a great deal of diplomacy to achieve success.
Fun place to work if you do your own work first
Warehouse Clerk/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
Worked as a summer student under the heading warehouse clerk and auditor.

When I got to know everyone it was a fun and rewarding place to work. There is a sense of community among the workers and people tend to allow newcomers.
Pros
Good pay, feeling of a team
poor management
Broker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 April 2016
dont work for sysco winnipeg, management will never listen to your problem and will always say do more do more, even if that means driving trailer with air leak, or full loaded to back of trailer and you have to unload and deliver that trailer by standing at 3 inch wide lip. and do not be a broker there, that ll be your life's biggest mistake, including myself 5 brokers are gone.
Pros
Cons
long list
its alright ,we have a gym inside the company
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2016
typical day at work just continues order pick ups ,i learned to be totally organized, mangement wise is pretty fair, my co-workers are awesome, difficult part of the job is when we get difficult orders with lots of quantity like about 50 or more of the same product with the weight of 50pnds and you have to do it in like 2-5 mins.the most enjoyable is when work is done.
Pros
good environment
Cons
heavy job
It was a fair place to work and would do it all over again in a new location
Class 1A Driver (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 March 2016
My reason for leaving Sysco was i relocated with my family, i really enjoyed my job and can't wait for a good trucking or heavy equipment career a.s.a.p.

My work day started at 3am. and finished when all deliveries were comple.

I learned lots during the time of employment due to i had to make deliveries on time, traveling with perishable items also traveling from time to time in poor weather conditions, which meant that i had to do duedeligents regarding my safety and the safety of others.

Management play a very important role in the company's success and provide great direction in the delivery services.

I really enjoyed working with all my co-workers especially the more senior staff due to many years of service experience.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to see a smile on a client, pleased that the delivery was in a timely fashion and the product was in great condition.
Pros
Nil
Cons
12 Hours per day
Good Company
AZ Driver - B-Trains / Delivery Associate / (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON1 March 2016
Good company.
long hours.
great pay
strict management
Guest services
Harsh conditions
no coworkers. work alone
driving positions
A great team organization that recognizes their employees for their hard work and contributions
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
Sysco drives their employees to succeed and share in their vision to support their customers success through continuous training, setting goals and working together with management to overcome challenges in day to day work. Customers in this industry can prove to be difficult to work with and Sysco provides the tools and support to help their employees meet and exceed customer expectations.
Pros
Competitive compensation, benefits
Cons
Challenging customers, weekend on call work
Hard workers and dedicated
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2016
There very dedicated to there work. They know how to teach you will surely learn new things. Gain new strengths. Long hours but its worth it I couldn't have asked to work for a better company!
Great place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2016
Everyone is friendly and management is great. Can buy product at reduced prices. More training should be provided. It is a very busy place with dealing with customer across Canada.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
shift work
Prodcutive
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2016
On-call day
Pressure work
Instant solution to problem required
Playing ping-pong at times
Fellow co-workers are supportive but with fear.
For committed sales people that want to try there hand at Foodservice It can be great with a little luck with the territory you get
Marketing associate / Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 December 2015
Marketing associates day never ends and your on the move all day long meeting appointments , growing profitable orders for you and the company . All commission sales
Pros
Great young growing enthusiastic co workers
fast paced
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2015
fast paced, quick learning environment, long hours
stressful, always changing and moving
very physical,

you start very early, you work very hard running up and down a ramp all day.
lots of digging loading up carts and delivering to resturants
Pros
learn your way around the city
Cons
bad hours, night shift
Looking for better paying Driving Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 November 2015
Only Looking for a different work for 1 reason my first child is on the way.I really like working here because i get to come home ever night and the guys are easy going,but soon it will only be myself working and i will not be able to cover all the bills with this job.job. I'm not getting full work weeks,and really need the money
good place to work
General Labouror (Former Employee) –  Flin Flon, MB23 November 2015
got good experience the pay was alright for the hours i worked
the people were alright to work with learned the scanner and how to unpack and load the truck trailer
Pros
continues work
Cons
middle of no where to far north and to cold
Positive career
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 November 2015
I learned a wealth of information in the food industry and additionally acquired further customer service and administration skills. It was an enjoyable career with an excellent team environment. Management however did not follow protocol in our department with employee relations and pushed many good representatives out the door. Sysco is a global leader and reputable company as a whole.
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Management does not work well with employees
productive and fun workplace
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 November 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management,most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
It was a lot of variety in what i did each day.
Great People, Great Dynamic
Sales/Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2015
Great company, Lot of fun, dealing with customers, seeing new people on a daily basis. Loved problem solving for customers, being their consultant.
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
Not flexiable on price
Learning opportunity
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2015
Opportunities to learn, flexible and relaxed timing other than month end week. Free on site gym. Neat, clean and spacious office
Pros
Discount staff purchase offers
Cons
long hours during month end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9