SYSCO Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a fair place to work and would do it all over again in a new location
Class 1A Driver (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMarch 8, 2016
My reason for leaving Sysco was i relocated with my family, i really enjoyed my job and can't wait for a good trucking or heavy equipment career a.s.a.p.

My work day started at 3am. and finished when all deliveries were comple.

I learned lots during the time of employment due to i had to make deliveries on time, traveling with perishable items also traveling from time to time in poor weather conditions, which meant that i had to do duedeligents regarding my safety and the safety of others.

Management play a very important role in the company's success and provide great direction in the delivery services.

I really enjoyed working with all my co-workers especially the more senior staff due to many years of service experience.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to see a smile on a client, pleased that the delivery was in a timely fashion and the product was in great condition.
Pros
Nil
Cons
12 Hours per day
great place to work
Warehouse office admin clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NLFebruary 8, 2016
• Produced and printed invoices for truck drivers to go out of town, and in town routes using Oracle Fusion Middleware program. (Sysco Warehouse Management System)
• Prepared the invoices printed and get the routes ready for the truck drivers.
• Set routes on the driver’s scanners to prepare them for departure.
• Used Microsoft Excel for warehouse door sheets and routes/schedule
Pros
excellent teamwork, and management was amazing and did everything they could to help their employees
Cons
late hours and long hours
Positive career
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 9, 2015
I learned a wealth of information in the food industry and additionally acquired further customer service and administration skills. It was an enjoyable career with an excellent team environment. Management however did not follow protocol in our department with employee relations and pushed many good representatives out the door. Sysco is a global leader and reputable company as a whole.
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Management does not work well with employees
Good Company
AZ Driver - B-Trains / Delivery Associate / (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONMarch 1, 2016
Good company.
Extremely Poor Company
RPG Programmer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
-Poor management
-No direction
-Came in to work and asked for assistance, was told to figure it out yourself
-IT Director was not pleasant at all to deal with
-Supervisor was not at Calgary location, she was located in Ontario, so assistance from her was like dealing with a mannequin.
-Got recruited by staffing firm and they were of no assistance when i needed help with dealing with bad supervisors, got let go just before my 3 month anniversary date
-had relocated from out of town and to get let go, was literally a slap in the face
Pros
NONE
Cons
Poor Management, No benefits, No help from coworkers or management, lack of direction
You want to work like a dog?
order selector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, manitobaJune 15, 2015
This company dosent care about you. They make up guidelines like saying you have to get 100% every week just to keep your job. To get 100% you have to hold in number 1 and number 2 also skip breaks if your lucky you will get 100 %. If for example you get 98 % then you will get a letter. I can bet that none of management could even come close to getting 100%. They are all talk no show. Also the company likes to hire new immigrants to use them as slaves because they know they will not get far within the company and as soon as your close to your probation ending they will fire you. Its not worth it most american companies don't care at all. So its up to you if you like to be the pawn lol. Also lots of favouritism if they dont like you they will give you orders so high in volume that its truly impossible to 100 % unless you want to be a old depressed handicapped old man.
Pros
free food
Cons
gives you free food to make you work harder
For committed sales people that want to try there hand at Foodservice It can be great with a little luck with the territory you get
Marketing associate / Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABDecember 30, 2015
Marketing associates day never ends and your on the move all day long meeting appointments , growing profitable orders for you and the company . All commission sales
Pros
Great young growing enthusiastic co workers
Hard workers and dedicated
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2016
There very dedicated to there work. They know how to teach you will surely learn new things. Gain new strengths. Long hours but its worth it I couldn't have asked to work for a better company!
Great place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 23, 2016
Everyone is friendly and management is great. Can buy product at reduced prices. More training should be provided. It is a very busy place with dealing with customer across Canada.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
shift work
fast paced
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 21, 2015
fast paced, quick learning environment, long hours
stressful, always changing and moving
very physical,

you start very early, you work very hard running up and down a ramp all day.
lots of digging loading up carts and delivering to resturants
Pros
learn your way around the city
Cons
bad hours, night shift
poor management
Broker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 7, 2016
dont work for sysco winnipeg, management will never listen to your problem and will always say do more do more, even if that means driving trailer with air leak, or full loaded to back of trailer and you have to unload and deliver that trailer by standing at 3 inch wide lip. and do not be a broker there, that ll be your life's biggest mistake, including myself 5 brokers are gone.
Pros
Cons
long list
productive and fun workplace
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 1, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management,most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
It was a lot of variety in what i did each day.
Fun place to work if you do your own work first
Warehouse Clerk/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
Worked as a summer student under the heading warehouse clerk and auditor.

When I got to know everyone it was a fun and rewarding place to work. There is a sense of community among the workers and people tend to allow newcomers.
Pros
Good pay, feeling of a team
Cons
down sizing hindered job security
Customer Service Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton,OnApril 16, 2015
Incredible company to work for however downsizing hindered job security greatly.
Great management team
promoted from within

My duties included
data entry
sales
email/voicemail (very large amounts)
training
WHIMIS trained
Certified in first aid (expired)
diffusing situations constantly everyday
very strict deadlines daily
Pros
treated employees well
Cons
poor training follow through
Looking for better paying Driving Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Acheson, ABNovember 27, 2015
Only Looking for a different work for 1 reason my first child is on the way.I really like working here because i get to come home ever night and the guys are easy going,but soon it will only be myself working and i will not be able to cover all the bills with this job.job. I'm not getting full work weeks,and really need the money
awful place to work
order selector (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 2, 2015
i currently work as an order selector in the warehouse in halifax, the company talks about safety all the time and training seminars, but in the 6 months i've been there we only did 1 little short training session, and that was only because the system went down. The management does not care about they're employees at all. They only care if you get your numbers, if you dont then they will fire you. I started in september 2014 and since I've been there they have fired 5 people because of theyre numbers and 12 people that started after me quit because they couldnt hit they're numbers. Sysco does not give you a chance to advance at all, they tell you they will train you on the forklift but they never do, the only perk of the job was the paying of incentive, but they changed it so much in 6 months that i was making 400$ extra a week to now i'm lucky to make anything becayse they want you to pick faster, scan more product labels, and not have any short on trucks. All in all sysco halifax employees have referred to the job as a slave movement, management takes takes takes but does not give anything in return.
Pros
nothing anymore
Cons
management sucks more and more each day
Learning opportunity
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2015
Opportunities to learn, flexible and relaxed timing other than month end week. Free on site gym. Neat, clean and spacious office
Pros
Discount staff purchase offers
Cons
long hours during month end
Prodcutive
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
On-call day
Pressure work
Instant solution to problem required
Playing ping-pong at times
Fellow co-workers are supportive but with fear.
Fast paced environment.
Fork Op, Order Picker. (Current Employee) –  Regina, Sk. CanadaFebruary 7, 2013
Poor management, favoritism, little regard for customers or low end employees. Only concern seems to be about efficiency(numbers) & not the safety/ well being of the worker. Inadequate training with regard to operating systems. Unable to approach managers with safety concerns or job related issues. Unreasonable expectations in regard to work performance or ability. Unable to understand I.T. personnel who seem to lack the ability to speak the English language & offer little help/support. Warehouse too small to accommodate pallet jacks. Some aisles too narrow for safe fork lift operation. Cracks in warehouse floor & leaky roof are hazards for pedestrians, pallet jack & fork operators. If you're looking for stable, long term employment with little or no stress, then this is not the place for you!
Pros
good pay, benefits.
Cons
management, hours, job security.
Sysco Driving
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 10, 2015
A day at my work was started at various hours of the early morning and we wuld deliver different food orders to establishments throughout the city such as Subway McDonalds The Medicine Hat Lodge ..then i would get paid at the end of the day :)
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Long Long Hours