SYSCO Employee Reviews

A great place to start and the skys the limit
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2016
I am a current employee of just over 10 years. Sysco Calgary is an amazing place to work. Supportive managment, competitive pay, work life balance and ongoing training and development both personally and professionally. Pay wise you start with a good salary and make more money based on your growth. You get out what you put in. I work with clients everyday and their successes are mine as well. As I said, great people, great place, great pay.
Not to mention they have operating companies all over the world, so you can potentially go abroad and work for the same company. Lots of pros, not many cons..
Pros
Staff pricing on product, good pay, work life balance, supportive management. Endless opportunity.
Cons
There are times when the hours can be long but thats when you make more money!
Great place to work team work second to none
Day Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 September 2016
Day started at 5:30 am ended around 4:30pm 4 day week with the occasional Friday to cover other supervisors vacations/ day off .
Work with the staff here was very rewarding, all worked together as a team to ensure that all tasks completed daily, within time frames .
What I learned that all members of a team want feed back on tasks completed, showing that no matter the job ,if no communication good or bad, with employees, results are hard to get they need to be part of the process .Hardest part of the job was ensuring that trucks late to ferry or road conditions were given priority to ensure that customers orders were complete
Worst place to work for
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 October 2016
Supervisors were slack at there jobs didn't give care about u hire ex employee to train new one when he couldn't do the job saying it's easy when he would work on his breaks to get his numbers
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Working nights
Good People
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
Good people to work with but management doesn't treat everyone equally. Different deals for employees who have the same job title.
Pros
Good people, free food, good healthcare
Cons
Everyone not treated equally, vehicle expenses are not covered
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 November 2016
I loved the job and all the aspects of it. It continued to challenge you on a dad to day basis. the benefits and pay were among the best I've had and the management team is always there to help solving issues that arise.
Stable work environment
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2016
Sysco is an industry leader which offers a stable working environment, both at the associate and management level. The operations staff are unionized and leadership requires a great deal of diplomacy to achieve success.
Extremely Poor Company
RPG Programmer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
-Poor management
-No direction
-Came in to work and asked for assistance, was told to figure it out yourself
-IT Director was not pleasant at all to deal with
-Supervisor was not at Calgary location, she was located in Ontario, so assistance from her was like dealing with a mannequin.
-Got recruited by staffing firm and they were of no assistance when i needed help with dealing with bad supervisors, got let go just before my 3 month anniversary date
-had relocated from out of town and to get let go, was literally a slap in the face
Pros
NONE
Cons
Poor Management, No benefits, No help from coworkers or management, lack of direction
Great pay with great benifits
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 October 2016
Great pay with great benifits, overall good company and they have high expectations in a physically , performance based warehouse
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Physically demanding
Inventory Control Clerk/Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
This has been a great company to work for, great people, great management. Competitive wages. I thoroughly enjoy working here at Sysco
A productive environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2016
Working here can be fun, everyone is supportive of each other.

Expectations for performance is high and environment supports success.

Great and friendly managers.
Fun place to work if you do your own work first
Warehouse Clerk/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
Worked as a summer student under the heading warehouse clerk and auditor.

When I got to know everyone it was a fun and rewarding place to work. There is a sense of community among the workers and people tend to allow newcomers.
Pros
Good pay, feeling of a team
poor management
Broker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 April 2016
dont work for sysco winnipeg, management will never listen to your problem and will always say do more do more, even if that means driving trailer with air leak, or full loaded to back of trailer and you have to unload and deliver that trailer by standing at 3 inch wide lip. and do not be a broker there, that ll be your life's biggest mistake, including myself 5 brokers are gone.
Pros
Cons
long list
its alright ,we have a gym inside the company
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2016
typical day at work just continues order pick ups ,i learned to be totally organized, mangement wise is pretty fair, my co-workers are awesome, difficult part of the job is when we get difficult orders with lots of quantity like about 50 or more of the same product with the weight of 50pnds and you have to do it in like 2-5 mins.the most enjoyable is when work is done.
Pros
good environment
Cons
heavy job
A great team organization that recognizes their employees for their hard work and contributions
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
Sysco drives their employees to succeed and share in their vision to support their customers success through continuous training, setting goals and working together with management to overcome challenges in day to day work. Customers in this industry can prove to be difficult to work with and Sysco provides the tools and support to help their employees meet and exceed customer expectations.
Pros
Competitive compensation, benefits
Cons
Challenging customers, weekend on call work
great place to work
Warehouse office admin clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL8 February 2016
• Produced and printed invoices for truck drivers to go out of town, and in town routes using Oracle Fusion Middleware program. (Sysco Warehouse Management System)
• Prepared the invoices printed and get the routes ready for the truck drivers.
• Set routes on the driver’s scanners to prepare them for departure.
• Used Microsoft Excel for warehouse door sheets and routes/schedule
Pros
excellent teamwork, and management was amazing and did everything they could to help their employees
Cons
late hours and long hours
It was a fair place to work and would do it all over again in a new location
Class 1A Driver (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 March 2016
My reason for leaving Sysco was i relocated with my family, i really enjoyed my job and can't wait for a good trucking or heavy equipment career a.s.a.p.

My work day started at 3am. and finished when all deliveries were comple.

I learned lots during the time of employment due to i had to make deliveries on time, traveling with perishable items also traveling from time to time in poor weather conditions, which meant that i had to do duedeligents regarding my safety and the safety of others.

Management play a very important role in the company's success and provide great direction in the delivery services.

I really enjoyed working with all my co-workers especially the more senior staff due to many years of service experience.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to see a smile on a client, pleased that the delivery was in a timely fashion and the product was in great condition.
Pros
Nil
Cons
12 Hours per day
For committed sales people that want to try there hand at Foodservice It can be great with a little luck with the territory you get
Marketing associate / Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 December 2015
Marketing associates day never ends and your on the move all day long meeting appointments , growing profitable orders for you and the company . All commission sales
Pros
Great young growing enthusiastic co workers
Positive career
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 November 2015
I learned a wealth of information in the food industry and additionally acquired further customer service and administration skills. It was an enjoyable career with an excellent team environment. Management however did not follow protocol in our department with employee relations and pushed many good representatives out the door. Sysco is a global leader and reputable company as a whole.
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Management does not work well with employees
fast paced
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2015
fast paced, quick learning environment, long hours
stressful, always changing and moving
very physical,

you start very early, you work very hard running up and down a ramp all day.
lots of digging loading up carts and delivering to resturants
Pros
learn your way around the city
Cons
bad hours, night shift
Looking for better paying Driving Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 November 2015
Only Looking for a different work for 1 reason my first child is on the way.I really like working here because i get to come home ever night and the guys are easy going,but soon it will only be myself working and i will not be able to cover all the bills with this job.job. I'm not getting full work weeks,and really need the money