Sysco Employee Reviews

Great Place to work at
Territory / Key Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta5 November 2017
Sysco is the largest Food Distributor in North America. At the heart of our customer relationships is our ability to listen to our customers’ needs and respond with tools that help them succeed. Building and maintaining effective relations with local representatives of key customer groups through regular communication.
High workloads, stressful days
Delivery Driver and Line Hauler (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 October 2017
At Sysco, you will never be looking for work. Management does not work to keep staff, and a high turnover means the drivers we have are overburdened. The equipment is barely maintained, the warehouse staff are overworked and underpaid, which makes your truck a mess when loaded. Your hours are long, overtime every single day. Very odd hours, you will get up before your spouse, and be home tired and in bed before suppertime. Not a family job.
Pros
High pay, lots of overtime, home daily
Cons
Long hours, intense labour, muscle injuries likely.
Horrible management
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 October 2017
Was a good company until Sysco so called management took over. Came from another location with promotion so thought they knew it all.
Insisted for us to Implement systems that worked for bigger location but never thought of how it would work on this side of the world. When system wasn’t working management hung people out to dry. Blaming them
Management think of “ their” numbers that’s it.
If you don’t get the numbers you’re done.
Never saw such incompetence.
They promote whoever kisses their butts the most. But karma will prevail.
Pros
People you work with non management
Cons
Management is ruthless.
Decent Company, Good Workers!
Warehouse/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, NS6 October 2017
Worked in total of four years at the Lakeside location, two years as a picker and two years as part of the inventory team. Inventory Control was an amazing group to work for! All helped each other, completed our tasks and good pay. As for order selection, very physically demanding. Extremely hard to obtain full time, and the Engineered Labour Standards can be hard to achieve. Overall my best experiences came from IC, warehouse was only good when I got posted to day shift and did forklift.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Engineered Labour Standards!
Helped a guest with a surprise marriage proposal
Dishwasher/Cleaner/Catering (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 September 2017
I was asked by a guest where the perfect place was to propose to his fiancee. I told him about this view over the Gatineau side. I even helped him pick what to wear. I also told him what time the sun was going to set. He said thank you and the next day he told me everything. She said yes and he said they were going on their honeymoon in the Bahamas. Lastly, he said he would remember what I did for him and he invited me to the wedding. Although I could not attend because it was an expensive trip, he said he will not forget me. It was a great experience because I feel like I helped spark something for a special couple.
Pros
Was always able to eat food, during break and lunch break
Cons
Not enough pay
Good place to work treat employees well
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2017
Would recommend working here great pay and great people great shifts and caring and understanding managers. I was lucky to have been employed here as long a s I was
Pros
Benefits, wage, and the midnight shift
Cons
Some long nights
no one retires
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
middle age drama from the management team, this is not a young persons place - too stuffy and not for the older crowd - no one lasts long enough to retire.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no one retires ...
Merchandising Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
Nice people
Fair salary
Fun place to work
Good environment
Great training
Clean office area
Very attentive to safety in Warehouse
Friendly warehouse employees
Senior Sourcing and Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
Its a good company to work for with good work/life balance. Salary and benefits are market averages or under. Opportunity to grow is not prominent but management is good.
All about production
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2017
Great pay and benefits. No room for advancement, or ability to change shifts. Night shifts is primarily the only shift you can get when applying for the job.
Cons
Very hard to advance or change shifts
The Big Blue Machine
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 August 2017
Largest food service provider in North America, expanding into Europe, Ireland, etc.

Provides all food service needs from open to close.

It was a great 15+ years, time for a change.
goood comapny
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
stead job with good hours work start earl morimg with grat pay cheque good management team and transport boss are there when you need them close to home
Pros
good money
Cons
wake up earl
Class 1 delivery driver (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 July 2017
i highly recommend that everyone stay away from sysco they will work you likes dogs and be noting only rude and ignorant to you and they take money out of your pay for lunch brakes and your not even allowed to tale your brakes but you still loose the money on your check.
Pros
no pros what so ever
Cons
all cons to many to name
Fast Paced environment
DAY WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
Is a fast paced environment which is updating itself. New programs and processes are being introduced on a regular basis and a person needs to adapt quickly.
Great organisation to work for
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sysco Toronto5 June 2017
Sysco is a well establish industry, that supplies food to a wide range of restaurants and other small businesses. I enjoy working as part of Sysco multicultural team.
Great place to Work!
Earned Income Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2017
I have enjoyed my five years of working at this company and would recommend it to anyone who is looking into getting into the food service/distribution industry.
Pros
Fitness Centre onsite
Cons
Outside of City
Not bad pay, good incentive, and good benefits
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL16 May 2017
Worked here for about 4 years, not a bad company to work for. They have competitive wages, excellent incentive program, and good benefits. Management can be a little tough at times but overall everyone is usually happy.
Excellent work culture, great people
Business Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
Excellent work culture. Great people. Direct managers were located in another city, so lacked support and communication.

IT decision makers were sometimes unavailable.
No review
IT & Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 May 2017
NO REVIEW GIVEN FOR THIS COMPANY. A typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job.
Hostile work environment, abusive management
Driver Checkin/Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 April 2017
Terrible place to work, poison work environment. Back breaking work, terrible shifts, dangerous working conditions. Nobody cares about their job, no teamwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.