Sysco Employee Reviews

Garage place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2018
This place sucks the big one. They treat you like a machine because that’s what they want. They may pay well but good luck having a healthy body after working there. I’m telling all of you, if you can work elsewhere than do so, it’s not worth the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
not at all good place to work
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
worst company ever treats drivers like garbage pretends to be nice first but then keeps ripping u off on pay days .... they are always charging u 100$ for temprature gauge even when they are returned when they only sell them for 30$ most of us drivers here are looking for something else stay away from this place
Employment straight nights
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 January 2018
Working straight nights, no room for future growth, I am looking for employment with future growth. Management going in a different direction, company had several changes
Pros
Salary
Cons
ability to make really good money
Outside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2018
Fun place to work, very busy! worst part is the lack of work life balance. Can make very good money if you work hard and go above and beyond for the customers.
I stared at 7:00 am, picking up the money from the warehouse to reconcile vs documents and make the deposit to be send to the bank.
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2018
Issued, timely and accurate invoices for damaged products, delayed deliveries, admin fees, etc.
Ensured all credit notes, vendor rebate cheques, and intercompany payments are applied to the correct vendor rebates/programs
The hardest part answer all customer & vendor queries by email in 24 hrs.
I learned dealing with urgent matters and sensitive information,
critical thinking skills; highly accurate and detailed Ability to prioritize and follow procedures.
The enjoyable part of the job was increase customer satisfaction and help other areas.
Pros
Great company and benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2017
I have been working there going on 6 years now and it’s a great place to work with great people..the pay is great and I’m home every night and work 4 days a week unless wanting overtime..it’s physically demanding but love the job
Pros
Home every night and great pay
Cons
Early morning starts
National Company with new age thinking
Marketing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 December 2017
Food sales job. Worked to maintain and grow a territory with at least $1,000,000 annually - Training was ongoing; however, could be improved on a one to one basis.
Great organization. Lots of individual time.
Milage was greater than 600km's/wk
Pros
Work on own schedule to certain limits
Cons
Many Km's driven
Good work Good people Good money
Selector (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 December 2017
Sysco was a great place to work as a young individual such as myself. I immediately fit in with my colleagues as we were all young men able to have a good laugh yet all take our job seriously. If you don't mind working nights and doing a fairly repetitive job for good pay with an incentive bonus than this is the job for you.
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 November 2017
7-4pm
learned how to deal with different nationalities.
management was fantastic.
workplace was fun. great people.
dealing with pressure to get calls done.
the customers.
Great Workplace!
Order Selector/Driver Check In Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 November 2017
Sysco was a great experience for myself, starting off as an order selector then moving my way up to another internal position. The pay was always fair, benefits were extremely great, and the people working with you (whether it was on the floor, or in the office), were awesome! Never had any issues with management what so ever. The night shift can be different adjusting to, but honestly the hours are pretty good creating a great work life balance. I spent a total of four years at Sysco Halifax, definitely a good place to work!
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Coworkers
Cons
N/a
Great organization with employee focussed management
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 November 2017
Strong balance sheet with a focus on their employees.
Busy days with focus, care and attention.
Great group of people who care for each other and look after each other.
Pros
Non union facility
Cons
Not much room for growth
Very fun and effective work methods all the time
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2017
The company was always very productive and efficient. Management was like a literal dream team they’re always in the ball when it comes to productivity.
Great employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 November 2017
Dayshift employees are the best that I have ever worked with. Honest, caring and decent people. I would recommend anyone of them as I had several years working along side them.
Pros
Great Dayshift Employees
Productive and fun place to work for.
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2017
I enjoyed working for Sysco. They are a good company and they are always on time. I gained a lot of experience with them over the passed year from pulling b-trains to pulling 53ft trailers.
Fun workplace
Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 November 2017
You start day at Sysco. You are always busy. Hardest part of the day you always have to deal with salespeople.

Everybody is friendly. Get to learn a lot from my boss.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Work onSunday
it was fun.. i enjoyed it
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 November 2017
my supervisor was a good guy, helped me out with a lot.. my co-workers were goi men. worked hard and always made sure to give me an extra little push. i liked the early mornings, kept me busy during the day.
Pros
the smoke breaks.
Cons
nothing.
Good solid company; friendly work environment
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2017
7-1/2 - 8 hours; varied tasks
multi-task; respect for deadlines
good and fair management
diligent and hard-working personnel, culturally diverse
dealing with interruptions
working as a team with co-workers and management
Good
TRUCK DRIVER, LCV DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
They help you a lot at the beginning of your career.
Good balance between home and away time.
If you need some days off, they will handle it.
Friendly stuff which you can reach 24/7
Great Place to work at
Territory / Key Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta5 November 2017
Sysco is the largest Food Distributor in North America. At the heart of our customer relationships is our ability to listen to our customers’ needs and respond with tools that help them succeed. Building and maintaining effective relations with local representatives of key customer groups through regular communication.
High workloads, stressful days
Delivery Driver and Line Hauler (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 October 2017
At Sysco, you will never be looking for work. Management does not work to keep staff, and a high turnover means the drivers we have are overburdened. The equipment is barely maintained, the warehouse staff are overworked and underpaid, which makes your truck a mess when loaded. Your hours are long, overtime every single day. Very odd hours, you will get up before your spouse, and be home tired and in bed before suppertime. Not a family job.
Pros
High pay, lots of overtime, home daily
Cons
Long hours, intense labour, muscle injuries likely.