Sysco Winnipeg

Sysco Winnipeg Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging, but like any job very rewarding to help restaurant managers
Trailer Driver Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 23, 2013
Pros: complimentary food and drinks from certain restaurant managers.
Cons: graveyard/night shifts.
- A typical day at work involved unloading fresh and frozen foods from a truck and carrying them to multiple restaurants in Winnipeg.
- Working at Sysco, I learned the importance of time management. We were given a certain allotted time to deliver the products to multiple restaurants across the city. If I was too slow to deliver them, the restaurant – more... managers/supervisors would be behind in their jobs. I did not want to let them down or make them late in their job as well. This was very important skill I was able to learn and perfect.
- I was able to get along with my coworker (the trailer truck driver), that I became his first choice in "trailer truck driver assistants" when he needed work done, due to the time management skills I learned.
- The hardest part of my job was that there were no benefits. It was a pretty physically demanding job (which was no problem for me), although at times it was not safe and I worried that if I got hurt, I would not have benefits or coverage if an accident were to happen.
- The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to travel around the city of Winnipeg. I am a new resident of Winnipeg, so it was nice to see what Winnipeg as a City has to offer. Also, it was fun to meet new people such as managers and supervisors of different restaurants. – less
Sysco Winnipeg
Desktop Support Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 19, 2012
Supported 300-400 users in the company through many departments.